CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy Birthday To My Sister!!!!

Yes today is my big sister's birthday.  No I will not share her age as it would give you a hint as to how old I could be!!  I want to send her wishes for happiness, laughter, success and peace on her special day and all through the year!!  She and I have been through a lot in the last 5 years with the loss of our mom and big brother.  Life has not been easy.  My wish for her would be for life to turn and go in the most positive direction she could ever hope to see.

While she had taken a few days off, she had to return to work today (on her actual birthday).  Those coworkers better be nice to her.  Anyway, we took her to dinner last night to celebrate and I gave her the card I made for her.  I was so glad to get to do that so I could share her card with you today!!  I made one of her favorite cartoon characters this year.  It is a cat who loves lasagna.  Ready to see him?  Let's get started.


It's Garfield!!!  Before I start with anything, I want to thank the punch queen Ellen Kemper for teaching me how to make him.  She is so wonderful at her craft.  I am so glad she is willing to share her art with everyone!!

The base card for this one is Marina Mist card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Basic Black using runner adhesive.  This piece measures 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  For the top layer I decided to use Gumball Green card stock cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  First, I used the retired stamp set called Voila To Go and stamped food images using VersaMark ink onto the green.  I then heat embossed it using clear embossing powder.  Second, I ran the piece through my big shot using the new Chevron impression folder to get those crazy zigzag lines!  Last, I placed the piece in my color catcher and sprayed it using Champagne shimmer spray. Can you see the shimmer in the photo?   When it was dry, I attached it to the black using runner adhesive.  


The greeting I chose to use on this one comes from the retired stamp set called Outlined Occasions.  This was a sale-a-bration set.  I stamped it using Basic Black ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I used my Marina Mist and Gumball Green markers to color in the letters and confetti.  I cut it out free hand and then sponged the edges with Marina Mist and Gumball Green ink.  I attached it to the card using dimensionals.

Since this is Ellen's design, I would like to send you to her blog to get the instructions.  Here is the link:  http://blinkthinkink.blogspot.com/2010/04/fat-lazy-and-lovable.html.  You will get the instructions for making him and you will also see a picture of Odie.  I am going to try him for tomorrow.   I will tell you I used Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Whisper White and Melon Mambo for the colors of him.  All parts of him are assembled using liquid glue and the finished Garfield with tray was attached to the card with dimensionals.

The only part that was added by me is the tray.  I punched a large oval from Brushed Silver for the tray.  The dome was made from a 1 1/4" circle trimmed flat on one side and a standard hole punch for the top.  We will see the tray again inside the card.


Here is the bottom half of Garfield.  Again go to the link above and get all the instructions on how to make him.  I wanted to carry the theme to the inside of the card.  Celebrate can be for many different occasions but I knew it was for a birthday.  So designing the inside was kind of a no brainer for me.  Let me show you what I did.


As you can see I recreated Garfield and attached him to the bottom of the card.  I cut off any excess.  I also recreated the tray.  Then I took my wonderful cupcake builder punch and made the yummy cupcake you see on the tray.  I used Chocolate Chip for the bottom and scored it with my bone folder giving it the cupcake wrapper look.  I punched the top from Whisper White and the sprinkles are Marina Mist and Gumball Green.  I added the cherry on top from Real Red card stock.  This made choosing the inside saying a "piece of cake" (pun intended).   Garfield and the cupcake are attached using a liquid adhesive.  The saying is from the stamp set A Word For You.  I stamped it using Marina Mist ink onto Whisper White card stock and punched it out with the decorative label punch.  The edges were sponged using Gumball Green ink.  It is attached to the card with runner adhesive.  

Even though I have given you the link to Ellen's blog for the instructions, feel free to contact me if you have any questions.  I will do my best to answer them.  

I hope you enjoyed seeing my sister's card today.  Again Happy Happy Happy Birthday to her!!!!  Thanks for dropping by today and I will see all of you tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment