CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, June 4, 2012

More M&M Guys

Happy Monday everyone!!  I want to thank all of you who attended my catalog kick off crop this past Saturday.  I know some of you found new items you loved because orders have already been placed.  I really enjoyed seeing everyone and getting to spend time crafting with you.

If you don't know by now that I love the M&M characters, where have you been!  Those guys always bring a smile to my face whenever I see their commercials.  Even my mouse pad has the characters on it.  It just brightens my computer time.  I have made a card with the newest member of the group, Ms. Brown.  She brings a definite sophistication to the group.  I have also made one with Red and Yellow on it.  They seem to be best friends and just fit together well.  So when I sat down this past weekend at my crop, I wanted to make another card with one or more different characters on it.  I chose Blue and Orange.

Although these two have never been presented as friends, I like to think all the M&M's get along and like each other.  So I thought why not have them together.  The card is similar in some ways to other cards I made in the past so if you think you have seen an element on it before, you probably have.  Let's get started on this one shall we.


I think they look very good together.  I started with the base card of Pacific Point card stock.  It is cut at 4 1/4" x 11" and scored at 5 1/2".  Next I cut a piece of the new Gumball Green (quickly becoming one of my favorite colors) and cut it at 4" x 5 1/4".  Once I had it cut, I ran it through my big shot using the perfect polka dots impression folder.  I attached it to the base card using runner adhesive. Then I cut a piece of Daffodil Delight at 4" x 5".  I used my big shot and my Adorning Accents Edgelits to cut the scallop edge you see in the photo.  Then I used the coordinating impression edgelit folder to emboss the edge of it.  I attached it to the green card stock using runner adhesive.  I made the background for this piece by punching out Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point, Real Red and Gumball Green circles using the circle punch from the itty bitty punch pack.  I attached them with liquid glue and wrote "m" on each one.  The glitter glue dots were added after the characters were attached.  I used a Stickles glitter glue called Frosted Lace for this.  I used the stamp set Curly Cute for the greeting and stamped the words in Gumball Green.  I cut them out with the new itty bitty banner framelits and edged both using my sponge and Pacific Point ink.  They are attached to the card using dimensionals.


In a lot of the pictures I have seen of the blue guy, he usually has sunglasses and sometimes a saxaphone.  I chose not to have any of these accessories for him this time. The colors I chose to use are Pacific Point, Whisper White, Basic Black and the retired Blushing Bride. His eyes are from the owl punch and his body is the wide oval.  for the arms and legs, I started by punching a small oval using the retired small oval punch and then punched around the hole using the large oval punch.  I did this twice.  I cut one in half to use for the arms.  The other ring  I cut in have and set on half aside to use for the orange guy.  With the half I had for the blue, I cut it in half again and used the pieces for his legs.  His shoes are the 3/4" circle punch cut off to be flat and the retired horizontal slot punch for the shoe tops. The hands are from the boho blossom punch.  I used the billboard decorative strip and the big shot for the letter on his tummy and added dazzling diamond glitter to it.  The mouth is drawn on with a black marker and white gel was added to his eyes.


I used Tangerine Tango for the orange color.  His body is punched using the 1 3/4" circle punch.  Other than those two items, I made the rest of him using the same colors and punches as the blue.  The pieces of both are all attached to each other using a liquid glue and both guys are attached to the card using dimensionals.


Last but not least is the inside of the card.  I chose a saying from the retired stamp set Whimsical Words.  I stamped it using Gumball Green ink onto Whisper White and punch it out with the curly label punch.  The edges were sponged with Gumball Green ink.  

Now I know you have to have noticed that my watermark appears twice in all these photos.  That is because I forgot that I had set my photo album to automatically add it to each photo.  So I of course did it on my own and did not notice the double printing until I saw the last photo.  Please forgive my lack of memory for this.  I will try not to have it happen again.

I hope you enjoy seeing the M&M people.  I think I will have to make a Miss Green soon.  Thanks for dropping by today and please stop by tomorrow to see if I remember to leave the extra watermark off!!  Until then, happy stamping!
  





No comments:

Post a Comment