CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Do You Feel Green Today?

I certainly hope you do not feel green in terms of feeling ill today.  This green is a good one that is also very tasty.  Can you guess what it is?  I bet you can if you read my blog on Monday.  If you guessed it is another M&M character you would be right.  I felt bad that I had made Red, Yellow, Orange, Blue and Ms Brown but had yet to make a Miss Green.  So for today's card, I decided to correct this terrible error and make her.


Isn't she lovely?  My husband and youngest daughter will both tell you green is their favorite color.  I think they would be pleased with how this character turned out.  For this card I started with a piece of Melon Mambo card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Next I added a 4" x 5 1/4" layer of Basic Black card stock.  I ran it through my big shot using the Finial Press impression folder.  I wanted it to sparkle just a little so I sprayed it with my champagne shimmer spray and let it dry. For the top layer, I used a piece of So Saffron card stock.  I ran it through my big shot using a set of framelits I picked up at a local craft store called Scallop Ovals.  I then placed the oval inside the Manhattan Flower impression folder an ran it through the big shot.  I also sprayed this piece with a frosted shimmer spray.  I attached it to the black with runner adhesive.  I took a piece of white taffeta ribbon and place it around the black.  I tied it in a know on the front and trimmed the ends.  The entire black piece was then attached to the card using runner adhesive.  


To make Miss Green, I started by choosing the color Gumball Green to work with.  I punched out a 2 1/2" circle in this color.  Next I used the retired color of Blushing Bride and punched out 2 large ovals.  Once they were punched out I put them aside to use another time and took my wide oval punch and punched around both holes.  These would be cut in half lengthwise for the arms and legs.  Her hands are Whisper White punched using the boho blossom punch.  I used the small scallop flower from it, punched out 2, trimmed them to the size I wanted and added Dazzling Diamond glitter to them.  The whites of her eyes and her green eyelids are the large circle from the owl builder punch. The black part of the eyes was punched using the circle punch from the itty bitty punch pack and Basic Black card stock.   I added eyebrows and eyelashes using a black marker and added white gel to the black of the eyes.  For her mouth, I used my Gumball Green marker and drew it on, dividing the lips with a black marker.  I used the Billboard decorative strip and my big shot to cut the "m" out of white and added glitter to it also.  All piece of my character were attached together using a liquid glue.  Let's take a look at her shoes.


The boots were made out of Whisper White using the retired heart to heart punch.  The long skinny one was cut in half and trimmed for the heels.  I then used the wide heart and made the rest of the boot.  I attached them with a liquid glue and trimmed the heels and tops of the boots flat.  They were then attached to the legs using the same glue and had Dazzling Diamond glitter added to them.  Once she was all put together, I attached her to the card using dimensionals.

You can also see the greeting on the front that I chose to use.  It is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  I stamped it using VersaMark glue onto Melon Mambo and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  I ran it through the big shot using the Bitty Banners framelits to cut it out and attached it to the ribbon with liquid glue.  


For both my saying and the Happy Birthday, I used the stamp set called Create A Cupcake.  I inked the stamps with VersaMark ink and then with Melon Mambo ink.  Once it was stamped onto the white card stock, I heat embossed it using clear embossing powder.  I trimmed the saying out with my paper trimmer and used my corner rounder punch on the ends.  For the Happy Birthday, I once again used the Bitty Banner framelits and cut it out with the big shot.  Both were then sponged around the edges with Melon Mambo ink and attached to the card using runner adhesive.  I will tell you about the little M&M's next.


Last but not least, I used my cupcake builder punch to make a cupcake in the corner.  I punched the bottom piece out of Chocolate Chip card stock and the top out of shimmer white.  I attached these to the card with runner adhesive.  I made dots on the bottom using my VersaMark marker and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.  I punched sprinkles for the top of the cupcake as well as for around the saying using the cupcake builder punch and Pacific Point, Real Red and Gumball Green card stock.  I wrote the "m" on each one using a white gel pen.  They are attached using a liquid glue.

Well I feel much better now that I have made her too.  Now I can start doing more cards using any of the characters I would like.  I hope you have enjoyed seeing all of them and will give them a try.  They are really easy to make.  

That brings us to the end of today's share.  I hope you will return tomorrow to see what I do next.  Thanks for dropping by today and until next time - happy stamping!!





1 comment:

  1. This is an adorable card! Your card reminds me of my recent visit to M&M World in Vegas last week. xo

    -pamela ;)

    ReplyDelete