CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Best Friends

Woo hoo!!  We made it to Thursday and I have a card to share with you.  It has been a crazy week.  Monday the computer doesn't work, Tuesday we welcomed a new baby to the family, and Wednesday found me in the doctor's office with an infection.  Luckily, I still got a card made for you and then went to rest as much as I could.

The card I made today has 2 friends on it that have been together for a long time.  No it's not the M&M guys.  These characters are right out of a comic strip.  I hope you are ready to see them!!


It's Woodstock and Snoopy.  They have always been friends for as long as I can remember.  Are you ready to start?  Let's get going.  I started with a base card of Midnight Muse.  It was cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Next I added a layer of Basic Black cut at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I attached it to the base card using runner adhesive.  The top layer is a piece of Whisper White cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  I made the sky background was made using my pastels.  Once it was finished, I attached it to the black and base using runner adhesive.


Let's start with the dog house on this card.  I cut a rectangle of Whisper White to be 2 1/2" x 3 3/4".  I sponged the edges of it with Sahara Sand ink and stamped the greeting using Cherry Cobbler ink.  The greeting is from the stamp set Perfectly Penned.  Once the greeting was on, I used my score pal to make score lines every 1/4".  This was attached to the base card with runner adhesive. Next I took a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock measuring 1 1/4" x 4".  I trimmed each side to make the slopes you see.  I did this free hand.  Once it was cut, I sponged the edges with Cherry Cobbler ink and made score lines at every 1/4" like the white.  I attached it to the dog house with runner adhesive


Now we will move onto the stars of the card.  Lets start with Woodstock.  He is made using Daffodil Delight card stock.  His tail, body, and foot are made with scraps of this color and cut free hand.  The toes were added with a fine tip black marker.  For the head, I used the small scallop flower from the Boho Blossom punch. I trimmed off the excess we did not need and drew the eye and mouth on for him.  He is really a simple little bird to make.  All his pieces are adhered together with a liquid glue and he is attached to the card with dimensionals.  



Snoopy takes a little more time to make.  I am sorry to say that part of him is made using retired punches.  His head and body are the retired butterfly punch.  For the body, one side of the butterfly is trimmed off.  His arms are scraps of white card stock and the hands are from the plus looking flower from the itty bitty punch pack.  His collar comes from the retired horizontal slot punch.  The ears were made with the small heart punch.  Trim one side off the make the thinner side.  His feet are 3/4" circles trimmed down, and last but not least his nose is a 1/4" circle punch with one side trimmed to be flat.  I drew on his eyes and mouth.  All pieces were adhered with a liquid glue.  He is attached to the card using dimensionals.  


The last piece to this card are the music notes.  I was lucky enough to have a punch to make these.  They are punched out of Basic Black card stock.  They are adhered to the card using liquid glue.  I then added Crystal Effects to the top of the notes giving them a shiny and puffy look.  

I left the inside of the card blank for now.  With the greeting of "Celebrate Today" you can use this card for several different occasions.  I will stamp or write inside of it when I am ready to send it.  

Well that is all for today.  I will be back once again tomorrow to share another card with you.  I wish you all a wonderful day.  Please come back to visit and remember to spend time doing something you love today!!








No comments:

Post a Comment