CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

New Stamp Set

Welcome to Tuesday's blog everyone.  I hope you are all well and ready to stamp.  Today I wanted to share one of the new stamp sets with you called Road to Happiness.  It is in the new 2012-2013 Stampin' Up! catalog.  Do you remember the set called Loads of Love?  It had a cute little truck in it and all kinds of items to put in the bed of the truck.  When it retired at the end of May this year, I was truly sad to see it go.  It really is one of my favorite sets.  While I will continue to use it for my own cards, I can no longer use it for any classes.  Well, this set, Road to Happiness, is just as much fun.  Let me show you the card I made using it and let's see what you think.


I started with a base card of Pacific Point card stock cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I thought about adding a layer before the top one but decided not to so that the items on the top would shine.  I started with  a piece of Whisper White card stock measuring 4" x 5 1/4".  I used my pastels and chalked a background of the sky all over the piece.  Next I took a piece of Basic Black card stock.  I angled it on my paper trimmer and cut it at a diagonal.  I attached the black to the sky using runner adhesive.  Next I took a stencil of a tree that I happen to have and used my pastels once again to make the trees along the roadway.  I added white gel pen to the black as the stripes in the road.  It is attached to the card with the runner adhesive. 


The greeting used on this card comes from the Road to Happiness stamp set.  I stamped it using Pacific Point ink onto Whisper White card stock and punched it out using the modern label punch.  I used a sponge and edged it with Pacific Point.  Then I punched another modern label out of Pacific Point.  Using my runner adhesive, I offset the two labels and then attached them to the card using dimensionals.


I wanted to have more than one car on the road so I made 2.  I stamped the first car from the Road to Happiness stamp set onto Whisper White card stock using VersaMark ink.  I used Tangerine Tango embossing powder and heat embossed it.  Since I only needed the back end, I trimmed out the car, placed it on the road, and cut off the excess.  It is attached using dimensionals.


For the second car and the main one of the card, I again started by stamping it using VersaMark ink onto Whisper White card stock.  It was heat embossed using Tempting Turquoise ink and then cut out .  Directly on the card, I stamped the flowers that would fill the car.  I laid the car down and used my stamp-a-ma-jig to get the exact placement I wanted.  I stamped them using Basic Black ink and then used my Stampin' Up! markers to color them in.  Once that was done, I attached the car using dimensionals.  

The stamp set has flowers, balloons, presents, hearts and beach gear that can be stamped for the inside of the car.  There is also a bride and groom you can stamp in the front seat and cans to attach to the back.  It has several sayings in it also making it easy to use for different occasions.  I am hoping they might add an accessory set to this one next year!!

Well that's it for today.  I hope you all have a wonderful day.  Thanks for dropping by and I will see you tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment