CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Perfect Boy's Card

It always seems to me that I never have enough male oriented cards on hand.  When I started making the Peanuts characters, I realized the opportunity to make cards for boys was great.  So today I want to share another character with you that I themed the card for a boy.  Let's get started.


It's Charlie Brown himself.  I started with a base card of Old Olive cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Basic Black cut at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I attached it with runner adhesive.  Next I chose the color of Cajun Craze and cut it to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I wanted to added something to the background of this card that would go along with the theme so I chose a football.  I used Soft Suede card stock to make these. I punched out 3/4" circles and then reinserted them into the punch and punched again.  This gave each circle the football shape.  I added the black marker lines to make the stitching to each ball and adhered them to the Cajun using runner adhesive.  Next I took this piece and ran it through my big shot using the Argyle impression folder.  You might remember I used this one on the Schroder card Monday.  However, I used the opposite side of the impression.  For some reason this texture just reminds me of boys.  I adhered the Cajun piece to the base using runner adhesive.  


To make my version of Charlie Brown I started by finding an image of him on the internet that I liked.  I used this as my guide for most of him.  Let's focus on the upper half right now.  The card stock colors used to make him are Blushing Bride (retired), Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, and Soft Suede.  The head was punched using a 1 3/4" circle.  For the ears, I punched out a word window and cut it in half.  That way the ears would be seen.  The neck is a word window.  For the shirt, I started with the wide oval punch and trimmed off the top and bottom.  Don't get rid of these pieces!  Keep at least one of them.  This little piece will be used to make the collar of the shirt.  Simply snip it in half and you now have a collar!!  The sleeves were made with the retired small oval punch.  I punched one only and cut it in half.  Although you can only see one arm I did make two.  I used the wide heart from the retired heart to heart punch for these.  They worked perfectly for bent arms.  The hands are the scalloped flower from the boho blossom punch trimmed to make them the way I want them.  The football is a 1 1/4" circle punched and then reinserted and punched again using the same punch to get the foot ball shape.  I drew the face and laces with a fine tip black marker. For the zigzag on his shirt, you can cut this free hand if you like.  I used the retired large star punch and punched just one point all the way across a piece of Basic Black, then turned the piece to the other side and repeated the punching.  


His shorts are a 1 1/4" square punch.  For the legs, I punched word windows to use for the legs and socks.  Then I used the small oval punch for the shoes.  Once the ovals were punched, I flattened one side of the sole of the shoes and trimmed the top to a shape I liked.  I added laces with the black marker.  All of the pieces assemble to make him are attached using a liquid glue.  I then attached the finished Charlie Brown to the card using dimensionals.  

I chose not to put a greeting on this one yet.  I thought I would wait to see who I want to give it to and what the occasion is.  I like the way he turned out.  I think it is pretty good for a first attempt.  

Sorry for the short post today but I seem to be a busy beaver this week.  I will be back tomorrow with another card to share with you.  Thanks for stopping by today!



No comments:

Post a Comment