CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Feelings, Feelings, Feelings

So I waited all day today to get my box delivered from the UPS guy.  It has all my new Stampin' Up! stuff in it and I really wanted to use some of it to created a card to share with you for today and tomorrow.  But alas, my box did not arrive until late in the day.  Now I did not waste my day but I also did  not get to spend it crafting.  It is that wonderful time of year when we have to fill out all new insurance forms for my husband's work.  This time they are changing out insurance carrier so we had a lot of paperwork to fill out as well as research to do about the company.  Not fun!!  Anyway, I did not get to play with the items today so you will just have to wait until tomorrow for me to show you a design using them.

We all go through times in our lives where different emotions play a role in our outlook on everything. I have this chart that asks at the top "How Are You Feeling Today?".  I love to look at it because some of the faces just make me laugh.  When I was thinking about what card I wanted to make for you today, this chart popped into my mind.  So I thought why not give it a try.  This is a card I would send to a friend who is stressed about life or possible ill.  Let me show it to you and see what you think.


I used all the new in-colors on this card.  The only card stock other than those was the retired Blushing Bride for the faces and the Basic Black.  The base card measures 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  It is made using the Raspberry Ripple card stock.  Next I cut the Basic Black to be 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I ran it through the big shot using the impression folder called Houndstooth to emboss it.  Once it was finished I attached it to the base using runner adhesive.  I took out a scrap of Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse, Primrose Petals and Gumball Green.  I punched out 2 squares of each using the 1 1/4" square punch.  (I chose the base card color based on the fact that I only used one of the Raspberry Ripple squares.)  I placed them all inside the Perfect Polka Dot impression folder and ran it through the big shot.  They are attached to the black using runner adhesive.  I really did not measure the spacing of the squares.  I just placed them until I was happy.  I used the 1" circle punch with the Blushing Bride card stock to make the faces.


For row one, I used expressions that said to me happy, sad/depressed and confident.  Now these expressions may say something different to you and you would be right.  I think this card is a representation of what we see in each face.  The faces were drawn on with pencil, traced over with black marker and colored in with colored pencils.  


Row two shows surprise, confusion and embarrassed.  Again, you may see something different in each one. I do not feel there are any wrong answers.  They were made the same way as row one.  


The final row's expressions say cautious, content and hopeful to me.  I wonder what you see in them?  I do hope some of you will let me know what you think of the expressions I chose and what they say to you. For now I have left the inside blank so I can use it for whatever I need.  When the right occasion pops up, I will either write or stamp something inside and send it off.  

I think the main reason this card popped into my mind is that I have had a flood of emotions over the last 24 hours:  frustration, depression, anger, despair and hopelessness.  Now these are not happy feelings and I do hope they change soon.  I think we all have times when we are overwhelmed with our emotions whether good or bad.  This card helps me to remember that we are all human and it is okay to feel however you need to in the moment.  

Now I have a box a goodies to go through after I get some cooking done.  Don't know why but my husband is under the impression his stomach is more important than my new Stampin' Up! box.  Go figure!!  

I will be back tomorrow with another card to share.  Until then, happy stamping and thanks for dropping by today.  See you soon!!





No comments:

Post a Comment