CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, June 18, 2012

A Happy Couple

Hello everyone.  Welcome to Monday.  I am happy to say that while I am still taking medication and a little run down from my infection, I am feeling better and was actually able to get into my craft room and make a couple of cards this weekend.  One of them you will see on Thursday.  The other one is my share for today.

It was a pretty busy Saturday for me.  I tried to rest until late morning and then got up to attend my niece's baby shower.  It was so much fun to watch her open all her gifts.  My daughter and I made her a diaper wreath and had a present as well.  I think she received enough clothes to keep her son dressed nicely for a while.  It was a beautiful event and I was so glad I felt up to attending.  But when I got home I was ready for a nap.  Now if you have a husband like mine, they always want you to run errands with them.  He needed to go to the store and really wanted me to go.  Needless to say, no nap happened.  My sister came over and had dinner with us.  I was so glad to see her.  I had not seen her in a week!  I will say, I did sleep well that night.  I was exhausted!

Sunday I got to craft and rest.  I had a hard time coming up with a concept for a card I wanted to make.  I decided an anniversary card could be fun but what in in world would I put on it.  Don't you love cartoons?  I do and the concept for this card came from one of my favorites - The Flintstones!! I remembered that the punch queen herself Ellen Kemper had made these characters at one time.  I had taken notes and thought I should give them a try. Ready to see what I came up with?  Let's get started shall we.


Aren't they a handsome couple?  I grew up watching these cartoons and still watch them whenever they are on.  This card is not your standard size card.  I took a piece of Daffodil Delight and cut it to be 5 1/4" x 10 3/4". It is scored at 5 1/4" making it a square card.  I needed the size for the heart shape on the front.  Speaking of the heart, it is cut from Pacific Point card stock and run through the big shot using the Framelits Heart Collection.  It is the largest heart in the collection and the only scalloped one.  Next I placed this in an impression folder I got at a local craft store.  It came as part of a Valentine set so I do not have an actual name for it.  I sprayed the impressed heart with champagne shimmer spray and set it aside.  Using my Confetti stamp set, I stamped hearts all around the edges of the card with VersaMark ink and then heat embossed them using clear embossing powder.  The heart was attached with runner adhesive to the card.  I used the Hearts Collection again and cut 2 of the smallest size heart out of Glimmer Red.  They are attached with runner adhesive also.  


Here you can see those hearts better, both the heat embossed ones and the glimmer ones.  I turned to my Curly Cute stamp set for the greeting.  It is stamped using Pacific Point ink, trimmed out by hand and sponged on the edges with Daffodil Delight.  I attached it to  the card using dimensionals.  Now onto the stars of the card!


Let's start with Fred.  I do want to say that several of the punched used are now retired so please forgive me.  The colors of card stock used to make him were Basic Black, Whisper White, Crumb Cake and Blushing Bride (retired).  His face is the retired key tag punch.  If you do not own this one, you can get the same shape by cutting a rectangle and using a corner rounder punch to round the corners.  His chin/beard is a 1 3/8" circle punch trimmed flat on one side.  The hair is a small oval (retired) trimmed and a flower from the boho blossom punch.  For the nose, I used the wing from the bird builder punch.  The eyes and bow tie are from the retired heart to heart punch and a standard 1/4" circle punch.  Last, his neck is the modern label punch, trimmed of course.   All other features on his face were drawn on using a black marker and white gel was added to the eyes.  All pieces were attached to each other with a liquid glue and the finished Fred was attached using dimensionals.  Once he was securely on the card, I added Crystal Effects to his tie.  


Now for Wilma.  She is actually fairly easy to make.   The colored used for her were Real Red, Whisper White and Blushing Bride (retired).  For her face, I used the wide oval punch.  Her hair was created using 3 small ovals (retired) and one large oval.  I trimmed the two ovals on the sides flat to go against her face.  The large oval makes her bangs and the last small oval is the bun.  I punched the edge of another small oval to make her lips, then added a 1/4" circle, trimmed flat, for her teeth.  Her pearl necklace is make from the 1/2"  circle punch.  The rest of the features for her face and hair were made with a black marker.  I attached all piece together using a liquid glue.  I then added Dazzling Diamond glitter to the pearls.  Once that was complete, I attached Wilma to the card using dimensionals.  


For my inside greeting, I used the stamp set A Word For You.  I stamped it using Pacific Point ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I then used one of the hearts from the hearts framelits collection and cut it out.  I sponged the edges of it using Daffodil Delight ink and adhered it to the card with runner adhesive.  

The only thing I need to figure out now is who am I going to send this to.  Well I know whoever it is will love it.  

I am going to go get some rest now so that I will be ready to craft again tomorrow.  I appreciate all your understanding last week as well as your stopping by today.  Please come back tomorrow and see what I can make next!!!  See you then!





No comments:

Post a Comment