CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, July 2, 2012

Sparkly Birthday

Happy Monday and Happy July everyone.  I cannot believe it is July already.  My oldest daughter is so excited to see this month get here.  Her boyfriend has been training in Florida for 2 months and is finally coming home this weekend!! He serves in my favorite branch of the military - the Air Force.  I grew up an Air Force brat and have a brother who just started his career with them too so I am partial to them and always will be.  Needless to say her boyfriend holds a special place in my heart and I am so proud of the job he does.  He also happens to be a terrific guy too!  We are excited to have come him back and to get to see him again, that is if my daughter will share him with us.

Today, I wanted to share a birthday card I made for a friend this weekend.  Now I cannot tell you who the friend is because I want to be sure she receives it first.  For some reason when I think of her I think of sparkly things.  So it seemed fitting to use glitter paper for the card.  So without further ado let's get started.


I started with a base card of Elegant Eggplant cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a layer on top of that of a pink glitter paper I picked up at a local craft store.  I cut a piece of it to measure 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" and adhered it using runner adhesive.  For the last layer I went with a piece of Whisper White.  I cut this one to be 3 3/4" x 4 3/4".  I cut it a little smaller than I would have normally in order to have the glitter paper show.  It is also adhered using a runner adhesive.  

I took my cupcake builder punch and punched cherries and dots out of the pink glitter paper.  I added these to jazz up the background.  I adhered them using a liquid glue.  I thought it would hold them best. 


For the greeting I used my Create a Cupcake stamp set.  I stamped this using Elegant Eggplant in onto Whisper White card stock.  I punched it out using the word window punch.  Next I punched a modern label out of Elegant Eggplant card stock.  I adhered the greeting to the eggplant using a runner adhesive.  I then added a hot pink gem stone to each end and attached it to the card using dimensionals.


Since I made all the cupcakes the same, I decided to just show you one.  I used the cupcake builder punch to make these delicious looking creations.  I punched the bottom half out of a sparkly glittered zebra print card stock I got at a local craft store.  The tops were from the glittery pink card stock.  For the dots, I used my Glimmer Silver card stock while the cherries are from the Glimmer Red card stock.  I attached all these little pieces together using a liquid glue.  It takes time for this to dry and I have had pieces fall off if I manipulate items too soon.  So I allowed the cupcakes to dry completely before attaching them to the card using my dimensionals.  


Here is a look at the inside of the card.  I chose a stamp from the Created a Cupcake stamp set and stamped the saying using Elegant Eggplant ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I then took my Hearts framelits and chose a size that fit around the saying.  I cut this out using my big shot.  I then cut the next size up heart out of the pink glitter card stock.  I layered these together using a runner adhesive and then attached it to the card with the same runner adhesive.  

I truly enjoyed making this card.  All the glitter was fabulous!!  I really hope my friend likes it when she gets it.  

I hope all of you have a nice Monday.  It's nice to start off on a good note.  Please come back tomorrow to see a very special card I made.  No hints.  Thanks for dropping in today and I will see you all tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment