CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Garfield's Best Friend

I cannot believe it is already Thursday!  Where has the week gone?  It is so nice to finally be over my infection and to have finished taking all of the medication.  While the naps were nice, it was no fun to want to nap all day and have no energy to actually do anything.  I still have not caught up on all my chores yet.  With my daughter and husband working they do what they can but there is still a lot that they rely on me to do.  So I guess I had better get on with writing this so I can get back to the chores.

Yesterday I shared my sister's birthday card with you.  It had Garfield on it if you remember.  As I said before, I learned to make him from the punch queen Ellen Kemper and I linked you to her blog for the instructions.  On the page of instructions, you could see Garfield with one of his friends, Odie.  I love Odie.  I decided to stick to my plan and make him for you today.  Let me share with you the card I did.


As always let's work our way from the base up.  For my base card, I used a piece of So Saffron cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I folded it on the score line and then used my corner rounder punch to round each corner.  Next I added a 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" piece of Basic Black that I had also rounded the corners on.  For the final layer, I started with a piece of Wild Wasabi card stock cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran it through my big shot using the Chevron impression folder.  Once impressed, it was sprayed with Champagne shimmer spray and then the corners of it were rounded.  All layers were attached together using a runner adhesive.  

The glitter dots in the background were made using Dazzling Details glitter glue.  I added them once I had placed Odie on the card.  I wanted to give a little more sparkle to him.  He always seems so happy!


My greeting on this card is from the new Itty Bitty Banners stamp set.  I stamped it onto Whisper White card stock using Wild Wasabi ink.  Once it was stamped, I used the new Bitty Banners framelits and my big shot to cut it out.  I edged it with my sponge and some So Saffron ink.  It is attached to the card using dimensionals.  

As I reminded you above, the design for Odie is from Ellen Kemper.  I recommend you visit her blog at http://blinkthinkink.blogspot.com/2010/04/panting-with-excitement.html to get the instructions on how to make him.  I want to be sure she gets the credit for her design.  


Here is the bottom half of him.  Again go to the link listed above to get the complete instructions on how to make him.  When you get there, you will see that she used a punch to make the drool drops that I do not have.  It is not a Stampin' Up! punch.  So to make mine I used one of the retired triple layer punches that punched out these little droplet shaped pieces.  I punched them from Marina Mist and use liquid glue to attach them to the card.  I added some glitter glue to them for shine.  

In case you would like to know, I used So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Whisper White and Basic Black card stock to make him.  All his pieces were adhered together using a liquid glue and the finished Odie was attached to the card using dimensionals.  Black marker made the eyes, line in the tongue and toes.  You could also add white get to the nose if you would like to do so.

Well that's all for today.  What will I make tomorrow?  I have a few ideas but do not want to commit to one right now.  I will have to see what turns out.  

Thanks for dropping by today.  I will see you all tomorrow.  Happy Punching!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment