CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Little Mermaid

Did you ever see the Little Mermaid movie by Disney?  It came out around the time that my oldest daughter was born.  I watched that movie over and over with her and with my other daughter when she was born.  They loved all the characters and would just laugh at some of the antics they did.  For some reason, I happened to think of this movie today and decided I wanted to try my hand at making a mermaid.  So that's exactly what I did!


I was inspired by the water I did for the frog card I shared with you yesterday.  I really wanted to use something similar to it and this seemed to work.  I started with a base card of Island Indigo measuring 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I cut a piece of Whisper White to be 4" x 5 1/4" and used my pastels to chalk the sky and water for the background.  I used my liquid glue to make lines in the "water"and added the same glitter as before.  It is called Ocean Spray and is one I got at a stamp convention.  I decided where I wanted to position my mermaid and chose a greeting for this card.  I used one from the set Curly Cute.  It is stamped directly onto the card stock using Island Indigo ink.  I set this aside to dry and then once it was dry I attached it to the base card using my runner adhesive.


Let me start with the rock my mermaid is sitting on.  I used the ovals die for the big shot and cut out the largest oval on it from Basic Gray card stock.  Using my paper snips (scissors), I trimmed the bottom flat and shaped the rest of the rock into a shape I was happy with.  I used Basic Gray ink with a sponge dauber to add ink to the rock.  This gave a texture to the surface of it.  It is attached to the card using a liquid glue.

For my mermaid, I decided to create her face using my wonderful owl punch people as a guide.  I punched a 3/4" circle out of Blushing Bride and then punched a 1" circle around the open hole from the 3/4" circle.  I trimmed the ring into pieces to use for her neck and arms.  The 3/4" circle was used for her face.  I also punched the smallest circle from the owl punch for the nose and a vest for the top half of the body out of the Blushing Bride.  Next I punched the owl feet using the Blushing Bride card stock for her hands.  For her eyes, I punched 2 of the smallest circles from the owl punch out of Wild Wasabi.  Her hair is the owl punched out of Poppy Parade with the feet cut off.  For her bangs, I used the 1" circle punch, punched it out of Poppy Parade and cut it in half.  A lot of times, I snip out little pieces to give the bangs a more natural look.  This time I decided to cut it in a wavy pattern as I cut it in half.  Her "headband" is one of the flowers from the itty bitty punch pack.  I punched out 5 of these from Shimmer White card stock and added a colored rhinestone to the center of each.  I picked these rhinestones up at a local craft store.  For her top, I used the other flower punch from the itty bitty punch pack and Daffodil Delight card stock.  I added some Stickles glitter glue to the 2 pieces.  For her fin, I started with the large oval punch.  I cut one end to be flat.  You will need to trim the vest of the body to get it to fit with the oval fin.  The fin is Island Indigo card stock.  The tail of her is also Island Indigo and is punched using the 5 petal punch.  I used my liquid glue to draw "scales" on her fin and added another glitter called Sea Nymph that came from the same stamp convention I bought the other one at.  I added black dots to her eyes using a fine tip black marker and drew her mouth on with a fine tip red marker.  All pieces were assembled using a liquid glue and the entire mermaid was attached to the card using dimensionals when all glitter was dried.


This is the inside greeting for this card.  I used a saying from the stamp set called Create A Cupcake.  It is stamped with Island Indigo ink on Whisper White card stock and punched out using the decorative label punch.  I created the frame for it using Pool Party card stock and the decorative label punch again.  I assembled the entire saying and attached it to the card using runner adhesive.  

I hope this all makes sense.  If you catch mistakes, I apologize.  It is just another busy day for me and my brain is not working well.   Email me or leave a comment with any questions and I will happily answer them.  

I appreciate your stopping by to visit.  Please come back tomorrow and see what I have in store next.  See you all then!



No comments:

Post a Comment