CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

It's Almost Dad's Day

Why is it that every time I have to make masculine cards, I get stumped?  Making a card for any man seems almost impossible.  I say almost because I always seem to come up with something.  That frustration of finding the right idea is what I was dealing with today.  I decided that since June is only a week away, I had better get started working on some Father's Day cards.  I have one to share today and one for tomorrow.  So let's get started shall we?


I think a good name for this card is Tools and More Tools.  Now personally, I do not know how to use many of the tools out in my husband's shed.  He has a lot of tools let me tell you.  Yet somehow he always seems to need more.  I guess it is like my card making habit.  I always find something new that I want to get.  

I started with a base card of Garden Green measuring 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  Next I cut a piece of More Mustard card stock to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran it through my big shot using the Stripes impression folder.  I sponged the edges with More Mustard ink and even sponged the front of the piece a little.  I adhered it to the green base using runner adhesive.  


Next I took a piece of Basic Black card stock and ran it through the big shot to cut out the Top Note shape.  I used the same die and cut out a Basic Gray one too.  On the gray one, I followed the perforation  the is around the edge and cut it off.  Then I ran the top note through the big shot using an impression folder called Diamond Plate.  Once impressed, I layered it inside the black top note using runner adhesive and attached it to the mustard with runner adhesive too. 

Then came the tools.  I used a stamp set that is retiring at the end of May (next week) that is called Totally Tool.  I use this set a lot for men.  I stamped the little tools onto Whisper White card stock using StazOn ink.  I then colored them in using my colored pencils.  Then came the hard part.  I cut each one out including holes in the handles.  They are attached to the gray diamond plate using liquid glue.  

For the greeting, I used a stamp from a retired set called King of the Grill.  I stamped the message in Garden Green ink and punched it out with the modern label punch.  Next I sponged the edges with green ink and added a black brad to each side of the saying.  I adhered it to the card using dimensionals.


 
For my inside greeting I went back to the Totally Tool stamp set.  The tools are each attached to a saying so when I stamped them for the front I just ignored the sayings.  This one with the screwdriver is my favorite saying of the set so I chose it for the inside.  I stamped it using Garden Green ink and sponged the edges of it with the same.  I adhered it to a piece of Basic Black to highlight it.  I then attached the entire piece to the card using runner adhesive. 

Well that's it for today!  I hope you feel a little inspired.  Remember you can still order this set through next Thursday if you like it.  I will return tomorrow with another card for Father's Day.  I hope to see you all then.  Thanks for dropping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment