CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, April 30, 2012

Has Your Prince Come Along Yet?

All little girls dream of being a princess and of course they wait for the day that Prince Charming comes along.  Sometimes, we encounter those frogs that we think might be the prince but in actuality is just a frog.  Been there done that.  But if we wait long enough our prince will come.  Remember all princes start as frogs.  It is how they grow and mature that either keeps them a frog or turns them into a prince. 

Now what does all of this have to do with my share for this fine Monday?  Well, I bet you can guess there is a frog involved and you would be right.  Once again, I was sitting at my craft table trying to get inspired to make something.  I happened to look up and saw my punch art sample board.  For some reason this frog stood out to me.  He is another punch art I made for the board but never used on a card.  So it was his turn to be used today!!  Here we go on a froggy adventure!!


It is a relaxing day at the pond for this frog.  I started with a base card of Island Indigo cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  For the top layer, I cut a piece of Whisper White to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I used my pastels and created a sky look for the top half of the card and a water look for the bottom.  To enhance the water color, I used a glitter I picked up at a stamp convention called Ocean Spray.  Using my liquid glue, I made little lines for the ripples.  Allow this to dry completely before you put any of the details on it.  Adhere it to the card using runner adhesive.  For the dragonflies in the sky, I used a stamp I happen to get at a stamp convention.  It is stamped using Pool Party ink.  I really had to look around to find my greeting for this one.  I ended up using a stamp from the retired stamp set called Crab & Company.  I inked it first with VersaMark ink and then immediately with Pool Party ink.  This way once I stamped it I could sprinkle clear embossing powder on the words and heat emboss them.  


For the flowers floating in the water, I used my boho blossom punch and punched out the pointy petal flower from Shimmer White card stock.  These were adhered down using liquid glue and have a sparkly sticker added to the center of each.  


Now for the star of the card.  His color scheme is Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, Brushed Gold, Whisper White and Basic Black.   I used a total of 4 punches to make this guy.  His legs were made with the small oval punch.   For the feet, I used the modern label punch and cut the punched piece in half.  I now turned to my owl builder punch for the main components of Mr. Froggy.  The actual owl makes up his body.  I trimmed the ears and feet off of it.  For the face and the "ribbit pouch" under it (afraid I don't know the technical name), I used the vest from the owl punch.  I trimmed the pouch to be smaller than the face.  The nostrils were drawn on with a fine tip black marker.  The eyes and eyelids are pretty self explanatory.  For the crown, I started by punching a vest out of it.  Then I used the circle from the itty bitty punch pack and punched out small pieces of the bottom of the vest to get the points of the crown.  It is glued upside down, but I bet you knew that.  All pieces of the frog were adhered with liquid glue.  The lily pad is an oval cut out from the Ovals die using the big shot.  It is the middle sized one on the die.  I glued the lily pad down with liquid glue.  I added white gel pen to the various parts of froggy to enhance them.  The frog was added to the pad and card using dimensionals.  

I left the inside of this one blank by adding a piece of white cut at 3 1/2" x 4".  It is edged with Pool Party ink.  This way you can use the card for whatever you want to by adding your own stamp or writing your own message.  

If you have any questions about this frog please feel free to drop me a line.  I would be happy to hear from you.  I hope you come back tomorrow and visit again.  Thanks for dropping by today!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment