CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Here Comes the Judge

I thought I would stay with the Father's Day theme once again today.  I happen to be going through some unmounted stamps that I have when I came across the one I used today.  I immediately could see it on a card for a dad so I sat down and got right to work.  This set is a 2003 set from a company called My Heart Stamps for You.  The name of the set is Rubber Duckies.  This is one I picked up while attending a stamp convention.


Does the title of the blog make sense now?  I thought this entire set of ducks was so funny when I first saw them.  Maybe I will use another one later in the week to create another card.  For now, let's focus on this one shall we?  I started with a base card of Always Artichoke measuring 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a layer of River Rock card stock measuring 4" x 5 1/4".  This is a color I always seem to forget about but it goes very nicely with the Artichoke.  I ran it through the big shot using the polka dots impression folder and then sponged the edges with Always Artichoke ink.  I adhered it to the base card with runner adhesive.  


I began my judge by stamping the image onto a piece of Whisper White card stock using VersaMark ink.  I sprinkled black embossing powder on it and heat embossed the image.  Once it cooled, I ran it through the big shot using the Labels Collection of framelits.  I found the size that fit around the image, put it through the machine to cut it out and I was ready to color.  I chose to use my colored pencils today.  I like the soft look they give the image.  Once the coloring was finished, I edged the frame with a sponge and Always Artichoke ink.  It is attached to the base card using runner adhesive.  


The greeting I chose to use for the front comes from the same stamp set as the image.  I stamped it onto Whisper White using VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with black embossing powder.  I cut the strip down and rounded the corners.  I then layered it onto a piece of Always Artichoke cut slightly larger than the saying and rounded those corners.  I used runner adhesive to layer this.  Once it was layered, I attached the entire greeting using dimensionals.  


I knew the saying I wanted to use for the inside but did not have it on a stamp.  So I started by stamping the Happy Father's Day from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set onto Whisper White using Always Artichoke ink.  I punched the saying out with the Modern Label punch.  I then sponged the edges with Always Artichoke ink.  I also punched a modern label out of River Rock, cut it in half and added it to the sides as a sort of frame with runner adhesive.  The only thing missing was the word "A".  To add it, I used my Always Artichoke marker and wrote it myself.  I then attached the saying to the card with runner adhesive.  

Tomorrow I will have another dad card so be sure to come back.  I am so glad you stopped by today.  I will see you all tomorrow!!  Happy stamping.  




No comments:

Post a Comment