CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, May 17, 2012

It's Reveal Day!

Alright.  I know I promised I would play with more new items this week and share what I made with you.  However, if you remember last week I shared with you the piles of pieces I had been working on to put baby shower cards together for my niece.  I promised once I got them to her and she mailed them out I would share the finished product with you.  Well that day has arrived so we while you won't be seeing any of the new items, you will get to see the cutest shower card around.  Ready?


Here are the finished piles of the cards and the envelopes!!  They turned out really cute.  I added an owl stamp to the outside of the envelope in order to carry the theme onto it.  


Now I will break down the parts of the card for you.  The theme for the shower is a picnic theme and she is having a little boy!  So I started with a base card of Real Red cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Whisper White which I chalked a sky background on using my pastels.  Finally to finish the front background, I tore strips of Garden Green and added them for the grass.  I added some Dazzling Diamond glitter to the edge of the grass to make it stand out.  All the layers were adhered using runner adhesive.


The greeting I chose to use for this card comes from a retired Stampin' Up! stamp set called Occasional Quotes.  I truly love this saying.  I happen to believe that babies are miracles from above and this saying rings very true to me.  I stamped it using Real Red ink onto Whisper White card stock, punched it out with a 1 3/4" circle punch and adhered it to the card using runner adhesive.  


To make the umbrella, I turned to my Cricut machine and used a cartridge called New Arrival.  I went to my local craft store and found the cutest gingham paper in red and white to go along with a picnic theme.  I used it to cut out the umbrella and the bow on the umbrella.  For my umbrella handle, I used Brushed Silver card stock.  Using my Plaintin SchoolBook alphabet cartridge, I cut out the letter "J".  I tucked the hook of the "J" into the grass to hide it.  I used a liquid glue to adhere the handle, the bow and the umbrella itself.  I then added pearls to the top of the umbrella, the edges of it and the center of the bow.  The pearl on the top is larger than the others.  They are self adhesive so they were easy to attach.  


Last but now least is the little owl himself.  Obviously, I used the owl builder punch to make this cute little guy.  All pieces are pretty self explanatory.  The ties on the diaper are the little hearts.  The beak is also a heart.  For the pacifier, I started with a little heart in Bashful Blue.  I then punched a 3/8" circle which is the circle punch from the itty bitty punch pack.  Using a 1/8" hand punch, I punched a circle out of the center of this to create the pacifier handle.  The colors I used one the owl are Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Basic Black and Tangerine Tango.  I added white gel pen to the eyes to highlight them.  

I am happy to say my niece was very pleased with these.  She is decorating the baby room using owls so this carried her theme onto the cards.  I was so happy I could do that for her.  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think of these.

Tomorrow, I have another baby card inspired by my daughter.  I will use some of the new catalog items.  I hope you come back to see it.  Thanks so much for dropping by today.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment