CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Just Not My Week

I think I must be having one of "those" weeks.  I am just having the hardest time getting things accomplished.  I am so glad I had a card to share with you on Monday.  As you know, yesterday, I shared with you the piles of pieces that I was working with to make baby shower cards.  Although I am still attaching pieces, the bulk of the work is complete. 

Again, I found myself running short on time for making anything else.  To top it all off, I am getting old.  I have bursitis in my elbows and have for years.  I have been lucky and not had a flare up in a long time.  I guess it decided it was time for a visit.  My right elbow has been in a lot of pain since Monday and is just not cooperating when it comes to my crafting.  It is painful to do anything including typing which is why this post will be short.  Of course it doesn't help that I am right handed and its my right elbow causing all the problems.  So I was truly depressed in thinking I would have nothing to share with you for today.  However, God smiled and led me to a picture of a card I made a while ago that I never shared.  It is just one photo but at least I can give you something to look at.  Hopefully you will like it.


If you are a Stampin' Up! customer you will realize that this dsp is from a sale-a-bration catalog that came out a few years ago.   The base card for this is Whisper White with the dsp layered on top using runner adhesive.  I cut a scrap piece of Basic Black into a square and placed it in the center of the dsp as a diamond.  I then took a scrap of Whisper White and cut it to be a quarter inch smaller square.  I ran it through the big shot using an impression folder and layered it on top of the black.  Both black and white squares were attached using the runner adhesive also.

Then I used a retired color of cardstock (can't remember the name - it's that getting old thing again) and my butterfly big shot die to cut out the 2 sizes of butterflies.  I did this again with a piece of vellum.  On the vellum butterflies, I stamped the edges of them using VersaMark ink and a floral stamp I have and heat embossed them using white embossing powder.  I layered the vellum butterflies on top of the colored cardstock using a glue dot and then layered the two sized together with glue dots.  I added pearls to the middle of the butterfly which helps to cover the adhesive.  This was attached to the card using a dimensional. 

Well that's it for my short but sweet blog today.  My elbow is really hurting now.  I will hopefully return tomorrow with another card to share with you.   Please come back then and see what I come up with.  Thanks for dropping by today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment