CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, May 25, 2012

Another Card For Dad

Happy Friday Everyone!!

Hard to believe we have reached the end of another week, and we are heading into a holiday weekend!!  Now if you think about it, in my life one daughter works for AAA which is open holidays and one works in retail which is open holidays.  My husband being a firefighter sometimes will be scheduled on holidays.  So really you would think I would not be excited about this.  However, at least my hubby is off this year so we get to spend some time together.  Due to that fact, I will not be posting on Monday.  I hope all of you will be too busy having fun to miss the post.  I will be back Tuesday though.  With that said, let's get on with the share of today.

  I wanted to continue with the theme of Father's Day.  Like I shared yesterday, I think masculine cards are the most difficult so if wanted to give you another idea.  So let me show you what I came up with to show.


I went with a dark color scheme.  For some reason those colors just seem manly to me.  I used Cherry Cobbler for the base card.  It is cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Once it was scored and folded, I pulled out the retired stamp set called Voila to Go.  I took out the hot dog stamp and stamped it all over the front of the card with VersaMark ink.  I then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  

I took a piece of Basic Black card stock measuring 4" x 5 1/4" and ran it through my big shot using the Top Note die.  Once the shape was cut out, I ran it through again using the impression folder called Houndstooth.  I knew I wanted to use this vertically on the card so I added an antique looking brad and added one to each side.  It is adhered to the card using runner adhesive.  


For my image, I turned to the retired stamp set King of the Grill.  I remember when this set came out.  I thought it was perfect for many of the men in my life who want to be kings of the grill.  I started with a piece of Whisper White card stock.  I chalked a sky background over the entire piece.  I then used StazOn ink to stamp my image onto the piece.  I used my aqua painters and ink pads to watercolor the image and the ground.  This helped to make him stand out against the background.  Once it was dry,  I attached it the the top note using runner adhesive.  


You can really see the embossed hot dogs in this picture.  They really turned out nice.  The greeting for the front of the card is also from the King of the Grill stamp set.  I stamped it on Whisper White using Cherry Cobbler ink and punched it out with the word window punch.  I then sponged the edges of it with the Cherry ink.  I used a scrap of Basic Black to punch out a modern label.  I layered the saying onto it using runner adhesive and attached the greeting to the card using the same runner adhesive.


For the inside greeting, I used another retired stamp set called Eight Great Greetings.  This is really a card that showcases a lot of retired stamps.  I stamped it on Whisper White with Cherry Cobbler ink and layered it onto a piece of Basic Black using runner adhesive.  I then attached the entire saying with runner adhesive to the card.

While you would have to use other stamps unless you happen to have these, I think this is a doable design for a card.  I may stick with this theme for some of next week but am not sure right now.  I will have to see what inspired me.  

Remember I will not be posting on Monday but will return Tuesday with something new to show you.  I wish you all a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.  Please be safe this weekend.  I want to see all of you back here on Tuesday.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Happy Stamping!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment