CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Daddy Day Dapper Dog

How's that for a mouthful?  I wasn't going for a tongue twister but I think I created one.  Oh well.  I think it's a great way to start the week!!

I hope all of you had a nice Memorial Day weekend.  I tried to do a little crafting and to get some rest.  I did not have much luck sleeping last week while my hubby was out of town so it was nice to have him home. 

Today's share is another card for dad.  June is really creeping up on us.  I know I better get prepared or I will not be ready for all the special days the month ahead holds.  Anyway, I saw the main figure on this card on Pintrest.  I really loved him when I saw him.  He was created by Cindy McGurk.  While hers was more of a birthday card, I chose to change mine up so that it would fit Father's Day.  So let's take a look at it.


He looks so dashing!  I started with a base card of Midnight Muse, one of the new in-colors, measuring 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Basic Black on top of that measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  My final layer is a piece of Whisper White cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  Before attaching it to the card, I chalked the background with my pastels creating the sky and grass.  Then I could attach it to the black with runner adhesive.  Now let's move on to the star!!


We will work our way from the top down.  I made him a top hat out of Basic Black card stock.  I punched a 1 3/8" square and trimmed it to form the hat.  Next, I used Early Espresso and Crumb Cake card stock to start punching the parts of the dog.  The ears are the large oval punch.  For his head, I used a 1 3/4" circle punch while his jowls are the full heart punch turned upside down.  For the nose, I used the smallest heart on the heart to heart punch (this one retires on Thursday).  For the eyebrows, I used the retired horizontal slot punch.  You could make these using scraps that you have.  The eyes come from the owl builder punch.  I used my usual Whisper White and Basic Black for these.  I added a Gumball Green hat band to my top hat and added crystal effects to it to give it the shiny look you see.  I added white gel pen to the eyes and nose and used a fine tip black marker to draw the line and dots on the jowls.  The jowls are attached to the head with dimensionals.


For the main part of the body, I punched a wide oval and layered a large oval on top of it.   The arms of the dapper dog are the wide heart from the heart to heart punch, while the feet are 3/4" circles that were punched and flattened to make the paws.  I added the toes with fine tip black marker.  The tie was cut free hand from a retired designer series paper and the cane is just a scrap of black.  All parts of the dog were attached to each other and the card using a liquid glue, except for the jowls.  They were attached to the head and card with dimensionals.  


The inside greeting was made using 2 stamp sets.  The "d" comes from the retired set called Eight Great Greetings and is stamped in Midnight Muse ink.  The "Happy Father's Day" is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  It is stamped using Gumball Green ink.  I cut this out using the big shot and the labels framelits collection.  Once it was cut out, I sponged the top half with Gumball green on the edges and the bottom half with Midnight Muse ink.  It is attached with runner adhesive.

I will tell you it was a lot of fun making this dog.  I am definitely going to do him again.  I will be back tomorrow with another share for all of you.  I hope you come by to visit.  Thanks for dropping in today.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment