I hope your week has been a good one. I was so happy to have time to spend with some of the new SU! products in the new catalog. I always enjoy playing with them and finding ways to use them. I was also excited this week to get a couple of window panes replaces that were in need of replacement. Now I have clean new windows to look out into the world. Of course with the rising temperatures here in Phoenix, we tend to keep the blinds and curtains closed to help cool the house. It is funny how some years it seems to get hot early on and other years it seems to wait for a while which is always nice. This year is going to be a hot one!
As you know from past blogs like yesterday's, my niece is pregnant. This will be her first child and she is having a little boy. We have lots of girls in our family so the coming of a boy is so exciting to everyone. Anyway, my daughter and I were talking the other day and she happened to see the little raccoon I used for a Mother's Day card. She thought this little guy would look fabulous on a baby card. I accepted the creative challenge to do this and set off to work. I love this little guy so the challenge was a fun one. Let me show you the card I came up with which is also boy oriented.
Here he is!! I just think he has the sweetest little face around. I started with a base card of the new in-color called Midnight Muse cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4". This is the only new color I used on this card, but it is not the only new item!!! For the layer on top of it, I took a piece of Whisper White card stock and cut it to be 4" x 5 1/4". I then punched out 1/2", 3/4" and 1" circles from Bashful Blue and Marina Mist card stock. I randomly placed the circles onto the white, attached them with runner adhesive and trimmed off any excess that hung over the edges. Once that was complete, I ran it through the big shot using the Tiny Stars impression folder. For the final layer, I used a new set of framelits which will be available on June 1st in the new catalog. They are called Apothecary Accents. There are various shapes and sized in this set of 4 frames. I chose this one for its size mainly. Anyway, I used the big shot to cut it out of Bashful Blue card stock. I inked the edges with Midnight Muse ink and ran it through the big shot again using the impression folder called Spots & Dots. All these elements were attached using runner adhesive.
I learned to make this guy from Debbie Henderson at her blog. I have connected you right to the raccoon so you can get the instructions. I have made this guy holding a bouquet of flowers and this time gave him a baby bottle to hold. I used Basic Gray, Whisper White, Basic Black and Pink Pirouette card stock for his colors. For the baby bottle, I used Bashful Blue, Marina Mist and Blushing Bride (which is retiring) card stock. I cut the parts of the bottle out using my Cricut machine and the New Arrival cartridge. I glued him together using liquid glue, attached the bottle with glue dots and attached the finished raccoon with dimensionals.
For the greeting, I used my Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. I stamped the greeting in Midnight Muse ink onto Whisper White card stock and cut it out with my big shot and another new framelits set called Bitty Banners. This set will also be available on June 1st in the new catalog. There are 3 frames in this set and they are so cute!! I edged the greeting using Marina Mist ink. It is attached to the card using dimensionals.
For the inside of the card, I wanted to be sure to carry the baby theme. So I started by stamping a saying from the Word Play stamp set using Midnight Muse ink onto Whisper White card stock. Once again, I used the new Apothecary Accents framelits set and my big shot to cut it out. I did edge this one with the Bashful Blue ink but it is so light is really does not show up in the photo. I attached it using runner adhesive. I then turned once again to my Cricut and the New Arrival cartridge and cut our 2 booties using Bashful Blue card stock and cut the bow out of Shimmer White card stock. I attached the bow and booties using liquid glue. I added some stickles glitter glue to the booties and a light blue rhinestone to the center of the bow. Make sure the glitter glue dries completely before you close the card or you can do what I did and glitter and dry before attaching the booties to the card.
That brings us to the close of another week. I wish you all a wonderful weekend and will see you all again on Monday!! Be safe and have some fun. Thanks for dropping by today!!