CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dapper Dog Gets A New Job

On Tuesday I introduced you to Mr. Dapper Dog.  I truly love this guy.  He is so easy to make and just fun to look at too.  So I was at lunch with my husband and showed him a picture of this guy.  While he liked him a lot, he asked me if I could do another one and make him into a bbq chef.  After all, don't all dads bbq?  Well they do at my house.  Of course, I could not resist the challenge so I set out to make him once again.  Ready to see how it turned out?  Here we go!


I started this card with a base card of Real Red card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a piece of Basic Black measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I attached it using runner adhesive.  For the top layer, I bet you can tell what I did already but I will still write it.  I started with a piece of Whisper White measuring 4" x 5 1/4".  Using my pastels, I first chalked the sky and then the grass.  Working with chalk always relaxes me.  Once it was finished, I attached it using runner adhesive.


Since I gave you all the instructions for making him on Tuesday of this week, I am not going to bore you with those details again.  I will tell you how I made the hat.  I used a 1" square for the bottom part and the butterfly punch made the top.  I punched the butterfly out of Real Red and cut it in half.  I then placed the pieces behind the square and glued it with a liquid glue.  It is so sad that the butterfly punch is retired.  I will still use mine though.  


Again the bottom is the same as Tuesday's.  Only the apron was added.  Again the main part of the apron it the 1" square punch.  The ties are from the retired horizontal slot punch.  If you do not have one of these, a strip of card stock would work well too.  The spatula comes from my Cricut machine.  I used the Everyday Paper Doll cartridge for this one.  It is cut out of Brushed Silver card stock at adhered to the card with liquid glue.  I used a fine tip black marker and wrote the saying onto the apron.  


For the inside, I used a couple of stamps from the retired King of the Grill stamp set.  They were stamped using Real Red ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I used my paper trimmer to trim it out and brushed the edges with the red ink.  I layered it onto a piece of Basic Black card stock and attached it to the card using runner adhesive.  

Tomorrow is an important day as we welcome the new 2012 - 2013 Stampin' Up! catalog.  Visit my SU! site (link is on the side of my blog) and take a look at all the new goodies.  You can begin ordering item tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by to see me today.  I will look forward to seeing you tomorrow.  Until then, happy stamping!!






No comments:

Post a Comment