CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, May 21, 2012

A New Punch Animal For Me

Happy Monday Everyone!!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Mine was busy helping my hubby get ready to be away from home.  I am not looking forward to this week because my wonderful husband is taking a class and will gone for part of the week.  I miss him tremendously when he is not here.  So I plan to spend lots of time in my craft room being creative in the hopes it will help the time go by quickly. 

As I went into my craft room the other day to make a card to share with you, I asked my youngest daughter what she thought I should make.  Without missing a beat she replied "a turtle".  Now she is a huge turtle fan.  We use to buy lots of items with a turtle theme on them as well as cute stuffed turtles.  I don't know why she loves them so much but she does.  Anyway, I thought why not give it a try.  I had never made a punch art turtle and lots of ideas came rushing into my head as to how to make it.  Of course, I made him and I think he turned out really well.  Let's see what you think.


As always, let's start with the base card.  I chose to use the new Gumball Green card stock for the base.  I know it is hard to see in the photo.  I cut it to be 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  For the next layer, I added a piece of Basic Black measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I attached it using runner adhesive.  I then took a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock and chalked a sky background on it using my pastels.  I then attached it to the black with runner adhesive.  

I decided I wanted my turtle to be at the beach, so I took a piece of Crumb Cake card stock and stamped little dots all over it using on of the stamps from the Confetti stamp set.  I stamped them using Chocolate Chip ink.  I then tore a strip off and attached it with runner adhesive to the sky.  I added Dazzling Diamond dots to the sand as well as to the edge of it.  I turned to my helpful Cricut Machine to make the waves.  I used a cartridge called Life's A Beach and some Island Indigo card stock to make these.  I attached the waves just under the edge of the sand with a liquid adhesive.  I then added adhesive to the top of the waves using a glue pen so I could put Dazzling Diamond glitter on them too.


For my greeting, I used a retired stamp set called Happy Greetings.  I stamped the words directly onto the card stock using Island Indigo ink.  You can see the sparkling waves in this picture as well as the sky.


Finally it is time to talk about the turtle.  I started by punching a 2 1/2" circle out of Gumball Green.  I cut the bottom to be flat and tapered the sides in to make the shell.  Next, I took out my scraps of Wild Wasabi card stock since this is the color that creates the majority of the turtle parts.  I punched a 1 3/8" circle for the head; a word window for the neck; four 3/4" circles for the feet - trim the bottoms flat; 1/2" circles for the spots; and I punched a half of a 3/4" circle at the edge of the card stock then punched the 1" circle over it to make the tail.  You can shape the end of the tail to look how you would like it to.  I attached all parts of the turtle together using a liquid glue.  When I glued the spots onto the shell, I trimmed off any then hung over the edge.  I then add a lime colored Stickles glitter glue around the spots.  I used my owl builder punch for the eye.  Once it was attached I add white gel pen to it as well as to each spot on the shell.  I drew the toes and mouth on using a fine tip black marker.  He is attached to the card using dimensionals.  For my first punch art turtle, I feel really proud of how he turned out.  


For my inside greeting, I turned once again to the retired Happy Greetings stamp set.  I stamped this using Island Indigo ink onto Whisper White card stock.  It is cut out using one of the 4 frames from the new Apothecary Accents framelits and my big shot.  I inked the edges with Island Indigo ink and attached it to the card using runner adhesive. 

I hope you are inspired to try something new today.  Punch art is so much fun.  I hope you enjoyed seeing my turtle.  Please come back tomorrow to see what I make next.  Thanks for dropping by today.   
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment