CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, May 7, 2012

Hurray for the Graduate

Saturday marked a very special occasion in the life of my niece Michelle.  She graduated from college with her degree in teaching and she already has a job!  I am so excited for her.  We celebrated the occasion with a family dinner.  There was so much food it was unbelievable and delicious.  Of course, I wanted to make her a special card to mark the event and that card is what I am going to share with you today. 


I have made this particular girl once before but we will get to that in a minute.  First, we will start with the basics.  I started with a base card of Shimmer White card stock measuring 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a layer of graduation designer paper I found at a local craft store.  I cut it to be 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  For the final layer I chose the Shimmer White again and cut it to be 2 1/2" x 3 3/4".  I took this piece and ran it through my big shot using the lattice square impression folder.  Each layer is attached using a runner adhesive.  


I made this girl for the first time last year for my other niece who graduated from college.  Just as I did last year, I tried to make the little lady have some features, okay so just the hair color, of the person the card is made for.  In this case I used So Saffron for the hair color.  Her cap and robe are Basic Black.  For the dress, I used a retired dsp from SU! and Tempting Turquoise for the shoes.  Her skin tone is Blushing Bride.  As a side note, Blushing Bride is one of the colors retiring this year.  I am really disappointed since this color works for skin tone.  There is not another color coming that will do the job so I hope SU! comes up with something permanent for it soon.  Anyway, I learned to make this girl from the punch queen herself, Ellen Kemper.  Please visit her blog to learn how to make her.  She is attached to the card using dimensionals.


For the inside of the card, I used a saying from the stamp set Word Play.  I stamped it using Basic Black ink  on Whisper White and cut it out with my big shot using the framelits label collection.   I then cut out the next size up in Basic Black to layer the saying onto in order to highlight it.  I then used the Curly Cute stamp set for the congratulations.  Again I stamped it using the Basic Black ink.  This time, I cut it out freehand, layered it onto a scrap of Basic Black card stock and trimmed it to match the shape leaving a border.  

We are a week away of from Mother's Day.  Don't forget to make your mom a card.  Thanks for dropping by today.  I will do my best to have a post for tomorrow but my camera has gone on an adventure with my husband.  Hopefully, he will get it back to me before tomorrow.  Hope to see you then.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment