CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

New Colors!!!!

Well today is the day.  Today you will get to see the new in-colors coming out in the 2012-2012 Stampin' Up! catalog.  In-Colors stay around for 2 years.  So in the new catty, you will still be able to order the 5 that were introduced last year for one more year.  The one I will show you today will be introduced this year and available until the 2014-2015 catalog comes out.  Anyway, I sat down today and made a card using the new in-colors so you could take a look at them.  Are you ready?  Here we go!


My base card for this one is not a new color.  It is Very Vanilla card stock measuring 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".  I scored it at 4 1/4".  The layer on top of it is one of the new in-colors.  It is called Midnight Muse.  It is a beautiful dark blue.  I love the richness of it.  I cut this piece to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran it through my big shot machine using an impression folder called D'Vine Swirl.  I spritzed it with a champagne glitter spray and attached it to the base card with runner adhesive.  Next I ran another piece of the vanilla through my big shot using the Doily large sizzlit die.  I attached it to my card with liquid glue.  

The butterflies are cut with the big shot using an embosslit which cuts and embosses the card stock.  This embosslit is called Beautiful Wings.  I used 2 more of the new in-colors to make these.  The colors are Primrose Petals and Summer Starfruit.  The leaves behind the flower are also from a sizzlit die called Little Leaves.  I chose the 4th new in-color called Gumdrop Green to make these.  The butterflies are attached with glue dots.  I added Dazzling Diamond glitter to them.


In this close up of the flower, you can see the Summer Starfruit and Gumdrop Green colors really well.  I punched 2 of the Blossom flowers out.  The first punched blossom is the bottom flower is from the 5th and final in-color being introduced this year, Raspberry Ripple.  To create the top flower, I took a piece of Very Vanilla and punched my second blossom.  I them took the Raspberry Ripple and Gumdrop Green ink and sponged it onto the flower.  I let it dry for a minute and then added VersaMark ink to the top of this by stamping with the pad itself all over the flower.  I then heat embossed it using clear embossing powder.  I layered the 2 together using glue dots and attached it to the center of the doily with glue dots.  Next I added a yellow glitter to the center with liquid glue to add some dazzle. 


The greeting comes from the stamp set Curly Cute.  I stamped it using Midnight Muse ink and sponged the edges with the same ink.  I rounded the corners of the greeting using the corner rounder punch prior to sponging.  It is attached using glue dots.

Well what do you think of the new colors?  I love them all.  I will try to use something else new for tomorrow's card.  I think I will stick to the new colors also.  

I do appreciate you stopping by today.  Please come back by tomorrow and see what I have for you next.  Happy crafting to you all!!



No comments:

Post a Comment