CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, May 11, 2012

More Rosettes!!

Praise the Lord I actually sat down and was creative today!!  After the problems with my elbow and the catch up cleaning marathon including laundry, I was beginning to doubt that I would ever have time this week.  So imagine my thrill when I awoke this morning and was inspired to make a card.  Woo hoo!! 

While my husband went to physical therapy for this ankle Tuesday, I went to one of my favorite craft stores.  Have you ever noticed it is easier to shop without your husband at a craft store?  When I go with him, I tend to get just what I need and leave.  But this day, I got to look all around the store and actually found a die for my big shot that I had been wanting to get.  If you are a Stampin' Up! customer or fan, you probably have seen the die they carry to make the beautiful rosette flowers.  I bought it as soon as it came out.  It really works well to make any size you need depending on the size of paper you use.  Now I love the fact that it both cuts and embosses the strip making it easy to fold the petals and make the flower.  So it is understandable that when I saw another big designer was working with Sizzix on another die to make these, I was truly interested.  The designer is Tim Holtz and the collection is called Alterations.  The die I purchases is a decorative strip called Mini Paper Rosettes.  Let me show you the card and you will be able to see the 2 sizes of rosettes it cuts out.


The base card for this one is Marina Mist card stock.  I cut it to be 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I took a sponge and my Marina Mist ink and smudged it a little on the front.  It doesn't show up in the photo but it is there.  Next, I took a piece of Very Vanilla and using the 2nd largest label from the Framelits Label Collection, I cut this label out.  I sponged the edges using the Marina Mist ink and ran it through the big shot again using the Finial Press impression folder.  I attached this to the card using runner adhesive.  I added some Stickles glitter glue dots around the edges of the base card as well as on the vanilla label for added color.  The name of the shade of Stickles is Broken China.


Here is a close up of the large rosette.  It measures approximately 2 1/4".  This die cuts the strip of paper you will used for the flower as well as the medallion centers for the flowers, 1 large and 1 small.  Use the large one for this rosette.  I used a retired designer series paper called Blueberry Crisp to make these.  The fold lines are perforated making it easy to accordion fold them.  Glue the ends together using a strong liquid glue to make your circle and you will be ready to make the rosette.  For the back piece to glue the rosette to, I used a 1" circle for the large rosette.  You will not be seeing this piece since it will attach to the card.  I adhered the rosette to the circle and the medallion using a liquid glue.  You will need to apply pressure for a few minutes but it dries rather fast.  For the center, I added some antique looking pearls I picked up while I was out.  I attached this to the card using dimensionals.


Here is a close up of the small rosette.  It measures approximately 1 1/2".  I used the same dsp and put it together the same was as the large one.  For the backing of this one, I used a 3/4" circle.  The die cuts out a large and small medallion so for this one use the smaller one.  I added a single pearl here as it really did not need more.  These are attached to the card using glue dots.  

I left the inside of this one blank.  With no greeting on the outside, you can use it for any occasion or to just drop a note to a friend.  

Well that brings us to the close of another week.  I am truly hoping for a better week next week.  I am also excited as I will share with you the new "in colors" coming out in the 2012 - 2013 Stampin' Up! catalog.  If you would like to buy one of these, please send me an email and I will be sure to add you to my list.  

Have a wonderful weekend and spend lots of time with your Mom.  Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there.  I will be back on Monday.  See you then.  Thanks for stopping by today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment