CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Let It Snow

And I want snow right now!!  It is the wonderful (not) monsoon season here in Arizona.  All that really means for us is high temps (always over 100) and humidity.  Now I am originally from back east where humidity is a very common occurrence.  For some reason, living here for as long as I have, it always bothers me.  So snow definitely sounds wonderful. 

This weekend I hosted a crop at my home.  It was so much fun.  The afternoon even had children involved so we had a lot of fun making paper dolls.  I thought I would share my morning project with you.  I wanted to start working on my Christmas cards.  I chose a stamp set called Holiday Lineup and decided to use the snowman stamp.  What I came up with is ......


Don't you wish you could just run outside and build a snowman right now?  I do miss the snow during the holidays so this is one way I can remember it (and miss it even more!!).  The card is a slider card.  In other words, the little snowball on the card will "roll" back and forth when you tip the card.  The slot is created using the word window punch.  You punch one window out, slide the punch over just a bit, line it up with the other punch opening, and punch again.  This makes the opening of the slot a little longer.  The snowball was punched using a 3/4" circle punch, edged with bashful blue ink,  and glittered with Dazzling Diamonds.   Once the glitter is set, I applied 2 dimensionals to the back of it, stacking them one on top of the other.  You will need to squish them in on the sides a little so they do not stick to the slot.  Place the snowball in the slot and attach a penny to the other side.  This gives it the weight it needs to move.  


I colored my snowmen using the SU! markers.  I have to tell you, each card I colored is different.  I did not always use the same colors.  I wanted to just have fun and that meant letting my creative side loose in the craft room!  Once they were colored, I added glitter to the pom pom ball on their caps.  The cute snowflake is from a retired set called Sparkly & Bright.  I stamped it using VersaMark ink.  I then heat embossed it with silver embossing powder with a little silver glitter in it.  

The greeting is from the stamp set Four the Holidays.  Again it is stamped using VersaMark ink and embossed with the same silver embossing powder with silver glitter in it.  The overall effect of the embossing powder along with the glitter on the snowmen and snowball gives a nice sparkle to the card.
Have you started your Chrismas Cards yet?  If yes, good for you.  If no, you can always order cards from me.  Check out my online store or email me.  I would love to help you if I can.  That's it for today.  Thanks for stopping by and please drop in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment