CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

BOO! - Did I Scare You?

I am getting so excited that fall is coming.  I am praying for relief from the heat for all those people in the south east who have been suffering so much.  I am also looking forward to decorating season.  I love pulling out all of out decorations for each holiday and going through them all.  It is amazing how you forget some things you have.  If you are like me you also tend to pick up items on clearance so pulling those to actually use is always fun.  The first to come will be Halloween.  As I have said before, it is my husband's favorite holiday.  We always decorate and pass out candy.  However, we do not use any of the gory stuff.  I like to keep the holiday light and fun.  Evil has no place in my home.  Only happy, cute things get displayed.

When it comes to my Halloween cards, I also like fun ones that are just cute.  I made cards for all my little nieces and nephews last year.  I wanted them to have a fun surprise.  I made sure they were only fun.  So now I am madly coming up with light ideas again.  I thought I would share one of those cards with you today.


These little ghosts are floating about bringing happy haunting greetings to everyone.  I bet you can tell I used the owl builder punch to make these fun little guys.  The background of my card begins on a Whisper White base card.  The first layer is Pumpkin Pie.  Then I used the new lace ribbon border punch with pumpkin pie card stock to make the 2 strips you see.  I adhered them a piece of Basic Black and then ran it through the big shot using the perfect polka dots impression folder.  The greeting I used comes from a retired stamp set called Scary Skeleton.  I stamped it on Whisper White with VersaMark ink and used my Halloween embossing powder (same as yesterday's blog) to heat emboss it.  
This is the easiest ghost to make.  You punch out a white owl, cut the feet off, edge it using Bashful Blue ink, turn him upside down and put the eyes on it.  A little white gel pen to enhance the eyes and there you have him.  You can add a mouth if you like but I decided to go simple this time.  This will be one of the characters we will be making in my September punch art class.  I hope everyone likes him!!

I am so excited about the Holiday Mini Catalog coming out soon.  It will be available on September 1st.  There is a lot of neat new items in it.  Be sure to take a look.  If you would like a mini of your own, drop me a line and I will send one to you.  Now back to work I must go.  Thanks for stopping by today and I will see you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment