CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Please Don't Eat the Daisies

Have you ever seen the movie called Please Don't Eat the Daisies?  You know the one with Doris Day?  Well I can remember watching it with my mom when I was younger.  She really loved all musicals and I must admit, I too am hooked on them now.  In face, I have a huge collection of movies from the 1930's to 1960's and most of them are musicals.  My collection does include this movie.  My oldest daughter loves the movie too and would go around for hours singing the theme song which might explain why my youngest cannot stand to watch that movie.  She would get so upset when her sister started singing the song over and over.  I can find humor in this now but at the time, I would separate them just so they could not fight over to sing or not to sing.  It was nuts.

Today I am going to share a card which has some daisies on it which is why I thought of the movie.  It will be a quick share today because I have a pretty busy week.  I am putting bundles of punch art together to sell in my online store as well as preparing for my punch class on Thursday evening.  I have to admit this is my favorite type of busy to be.  Now on to the card.



Ta Da!!!!!  These little daisies are so adorable yet so easy to make.  Start by punching out a 1 3/4" scallop circle.  Then take your favorite scissors and cut in between each scallop almost to the middle but make sure you do not detach any petals!  When you are done, you may put an embellishment in the center of each flower (I used a 1/2" circle with glitter) and you are done.  Easy right?  The greeting is from the teeny tiny wishes stamp set.  I used the eyelet border punch on a piece of whisper white card stock and put it across the bottom of the yellow piece of cardstock the flowers are adhered to.  It just dressed it up a little bit.  The nice thing about this card is it is very simple to make and can be used for various occasions, making it one of my go to designs when I am in a hurry. 

Give this card a try.  I think you will be very happy with the outcome.  I know this is a short post but I better get back to work on all my other projects.  I will have something to share with you tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by today and I will see you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment