CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Money Holder WIthout Money?

Okay so I know the title is a little weird.  However, my share for today is a money holder I learned how to make from Dawn Griffith a few years ago.  I modified it just a little to have it fit in the small open end envelopes from SU!.  I made this particular one to use for a banquet we attended this past Saturday night for my husband's department.  We are the proud owners of an RV that we absolutely love to travel in.  Last year, we decided that we should offer others the opportunity to see what RV life is all about.  We started renting our RV to friends and they too seem to enjoy it.  So for the banquet, we offered to provide a gift certificate for a 3 day rental for the raffle that would be conducted.  Here is the front of the holder for you to see.


The holder measures 3 1/4" x 6 1/2".  I know you cannot really see the base card.  I used a piece of retired card stock called Handsome Hunter.  You know how it is.  Colors retire and you have all this card stock left over.  I figured why not use it.  I added a layer of Basic Black and then one of Very Vanilla.  I did emboss it with my big shot using an impression folder.  I do not remember the name of it but it is not from SU!.  A piece of Basic Black grosgrain ribbon is attached to the Vanilla for added color.  Now for the embellishment.
 

I chose the word "Adventure" because I know every time we travel, it is always an adventure.  I cut this out using my Cricut Expression first in Basic Black, then in Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, and Pear Pizzazz.  I used only the leave from the Pear and the letters from the Tangerine and Daffodil.  I snipped the letters apart so that I could alternate the color.  Finally using my handy dandy Stickles glitter glue, I added dots to the letters and and lines to the leaves.  It gave just enough sparkle to make me happy.  (By the way, if you love glitter glue like I do, you will be very happy when the holiday mini catalog comes out!!!)


This is the inside of the money holder.  I stamped the "congratulations" from the Curly Cute stamp set in Handsome Hunter. (Yes I still have the ink pad too.)  I edged the piece of Vanilla with the same ink and then snipped the ends with my 1 1/4" square punch.  You can see the certificate tucked inside the holder.  Since I designed it, I just made sure it was the perfect size.  
I truly hope the winners of this prize enjoy the RV experience as much as we do.  I hope to be able to off into the sunset again soon.  I love to go.  

Hope you enjoyed seeing the money holder today.  Thanks so much for stopping by and I will be back tomorrow!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment