CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Frosty - Better Than The 1st Snowman?

Last Friday, I shared 2 more face cards with you, the snowman and the elf.  I really liked both and so did my daughter.  My mistake was asking my husband for his opinion.  I really do value his thoughts but after working hard on something, I hate having it picked apart.  Let me refresh your memory of this snowman:


So here he is.  Now what my husband did not like was his nose.  He thought he looked more like a penguin that a snowman.  My daughter and I voted and declared him crazy.  Any sane person can see this is a snowman.  However, his thought was to have him be more like Frosty.   So I decided why not give it a try.


I have to admit this guy is really cute.  Secretly, I may like him a little more than the other one.  Think I will tell my husband?  No way.  I do not need the "I told you so".  If you remember from the song, Frosty had a corn cob pipe and a button nose, so I made sure to concentrate on those items.  His nose is so cute!!  Let's take a look at the corn cob pipe.


I used More Mustard card stock for the color.  I felt is was as close as I could get to a believable color.  I punched out a key tag using the retired SU! punch by that name and cut off part of it.  If you do not have the key tag punch do not worry.  You can use the wide oval, trimming off the bottom to round it so it is not so pointy or leave it pointy if you like.  I too works well.  Then I ran the piece through my big shot using the Square Lattice impression folder.  The other piece of the pipe is just a thin strip of More Mustard.  In order to have room for the mouth and pipe without it looking squished, I shortened the hat just a little.  


It still looks good.  Since the hat was shortened, I simply made the brim a little thinner to make it look proportional.  I used Basic Gray as my color for the hat this time.  I brushed the edges with Basic Gray ink.  I ran the top part of the hat through the big shot using the Stripes impression folder.  I ran the bottom piece through using the Perfect Polka Dots impression folder.  I left the Basic Black piece of the band smooth.  While Frosty had a flower on his hat, I chose to use a snowflake.  It is out of Whisper White, punched using the snowflake punch and has a silver brad in the center.  The only change I might make is either heat embossing the snowflake with white embossing powder with glitter in it or simply using Dazzling Diamond glitter on it just for that sparkle effect.  
So what do you think?  Do you like the first snowman with the carrot nose best?  Or did Frosty steal your heart?  Send me a comment and let me know which is your favorite.  I look forward to hearing from you.  That's it for today.  I will return tomorrow with another creation.  Thanks for stopping by today.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment