CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, August 12, 2011

Birthday Elegance

I finally decided yesterday to sit down and try to make a paper flower I have been seeing on various blogs over the past year.  I understood the basic technique for it but had never really tried it.  I mean I did once but I could not get it to fold the way I wanted and it ripped.  Then I was inspired by a website I was visiting to try to make one again.  I will share the flower first, then the card.

 Well, what do you think?  I started by cutting a strip of DSP 2" x 12".  I used my scallop border punch along one side of it.  This became the outer edge of the flower.  Then I used my new scoring tool that is coming out in the holiday mini catalog to score the strip between each scallop.  Then you accordion fold the paper, glue the ends together, and prepare to press the center down to make the flower.  That is really the hardest part of this entire technique and it is what caused me problems the first time I ever tried to make one of these.  Once I had it pressed down, I used a strong adhesive, my Tombo liquid glue, and attached it to a 1" circle.  Prepare your circle first.  I will tell you the one I attach first is on the back of my flower that way if it is off center, no one will see it.  Hold the flower down for a few seconds on the circle to make sure it adheres completely.  Once it is dry, I can then flip it over and attach my front decorations.  In this case it was another 1" circle layered on top by a 3/4" circle, and then I applied little pearls to decorate it.  


Here is the entire card.  It is very basic but the flower adds a lot pizzazz to it.  I could also have put pearls on the Very Vanilla ribbon at the sides of the flower.  I just forgot to get them out again.  I used a greeting from the retired set called Well Scripted.  It was stamped in Night of Navy ink on Very Vanilla card stock, edged with matching ink, and punch out with the decorative label punch.  I punch 2 more decorative label punches out of the Navy and cut them in half - one across the center and the other vertically up the center.  Trimming off the edges where the point comes out, I was then able to attach it to my greeting creating a mice matching border for it.  

I cannot believe another week has come and gone already.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I will be back on Monday.  Thanks for dropping in today!!


No comments:

Post a Comment