Well, what do you think? I started by cutting a strip of DSP 2" x 12". I used my scallop border punch along one side of it. This became the outer edge of the flower. Then I used my new scoring tool that is coming out in the holiday mini catalog to score the strip between each scallop. Then you accordion fold the paper, glue the ends together, and prepare to press the center down to make the flower. That is really the hardest part of this entire technique and it is what caused me problems the first time I ever tried to make one of these. Once I had it pressed down, I used a strong adhesive, my Tombo liquid glue, and attached it to a 1" circle. Prepare your circle first. I will tell you the one I attach first is on the back of my flower that way if it is off center, no one will see it. Hold the flower down for a few seconds on the circle to make sure it adheres completely. Once it is dry, I can then flip it over and attach my front decorations. In this case it was another 1" circle layered on top by a 3/4" circle, and then I applied little pearls to decorate it.
Here is the entire card. It is very basic but the flower adds a lot pizzazz to it. I could also have put pearls on the Very Vanilla ribbon at the sides of the flower. I just forgot to get them out again. I used a greeting from the retired set called Well Scripted. It was stamped in Night of Navy ink on Very Vanilla card stock, edged with matching ink, and punch out with the decorative label punch. I punch 2 more decorative label punches out of the Navy and cut them in half - one across the center and the other vertically up the center. Trimming off the edges where the point comes out, I was then able to attach it to my greeting creating a mice matching border for it.
I cannot believe another week has come and gone already. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I will be back on Monday. Thanks for dropping in today!!