CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Tri Shutter Halloween Card

Hello everyone.  I have really been in a Halloween mood this week.  I guess it is because I was playing with my 2 step owl punch and created all these little Halloween guys.  I wanted to make a card that could showcase some of them and thought the tri-shutter fold card would work well for this one.  Let me show you the top view down of the card as a reminder of what it looks like.


 It has such a nice zig zag pattern.  I just love making these.  One of the best parts of this fold is you end up with lots of panels to decorate.  You can add more items to your card that a regular card (in my opinion).  Using the new Simply Scored Scoring Tool makes it really easy to get the score lines done and to cut the sections which need to be cut.  (Of course, if you have a Scor-Pal tool, that will work nicely too.)  If you do not have either of these, you can use your paper trimmer to score and cut.  Before I show you the card, I want to let you know all the card stock and adhesives used are from Stampin' Up!.  However, the designer paper used and the glitter glue are from another company.  It happened that I had a Halloween paper pack from a few years ago and decided to use some of it on this card.


This is the front panel and one of the inside sections.  I made the little devil and mummy using the 2 step owl punch.  The black card stock is embossed using the Spider Web impression folder and big shot.  I felt they were enough for the front.  You can see I put a designer piece on the inside panel.  The words above it and below it are "BOOOO".  They were part of the designer pack.  I added some Stickles glitter glue to the letters.


This is another look from the front to the back.  You can see the back panel and the cute little owl witch who is on it.  Of course, I added glitter glue on the dress and eyelids.  The greeting is "have a WICKED  halloween" from the Wicked Cool stamp set.  It is stamped in Elegant Eggplant ink, punched out with the scallop oval punch and edged with Elegant Eggplant ink.  Notice I did not put it straight on the card.  You can angle things however you like on your cards.  Remember they are your creations and not a cookie cutter card.  What you do on each one will always be unique.  Let me show you a different view so you can see the inside.


This photo is taken from the back to the front allowing you to see the cute owl ghosts who live inside the card.  The "BOOOO" words gave me the inspiration for these little guys to go in here.  I stamped the word "spooky" and the spider web on 2 of the panels with VersaMark ink and heat embossed them using black embossing party.  Now I know you can see my boo boo (no pun intended) with the glitter dots on my ghosts.  I had them perfect and accidently hit one with my hand.  So I cleaned it as best as I could and redid the dots.  It still shows but it is part of that uniqueness we talked about.  Hopefully you can see how having extra panels do not mean you have to come up with more ideas.  I used designer paper to decorate 4 panels.  Really I used it on 6 but 2 of them are the words.  I am already planning another Halloween card using the tri shutter.  I love it.

How do you like this fold?  Leave me a comment and let me know.  I enjoy hearing from you.  Have a terrific weekend.  Thanks for dropping in today and I will see you on Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment