CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, August 29, 2011

A Cherry Cobbler Christmas

Now before your mouth starts watering at the thought of cherry cobbler, I had better explain that I am talking about the Stampin' Up! color of ink and card stock, not the food.  I know.  Big disappointment isn't it.  My husband loves cherry cobbler, cherry pie, cherry fritters, you get the idea.  So I know he would be in for a let down if he knew I was only talking about the color.

When Stampin' Up! introduced this deep red color, I fell in love with it.  The real red is happy and bright, the riding hood red is a soft red, and the cobbler is a rich deep color.  It really stood out to me when I looked through the color chart last year.   So I decided to make a Christmas Card using it.  Now if this card looks a little familiar, that is because I did a similar one using bashful blue as the base card.


I started by taking a piece of whisper white card stock cut at 4" x 5 1/4" and running it through the big shot using the Northern Flurry impression folder.  That put those beautiful snowflakes on my card.  I then took a few "diamonds" and placed them in the center of the snowflakes to add a little bling to it.  I edged the sides of the white with the cherry cobbler ink and adhered it to my 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" cherry cobbler card.  I then stamped the "Joy at Christmas" from the Perfect Punches stamp set using VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with cherry cobbler embossing powder.  As the name of the stamp set implies, the stamps coordinate perfectly with some of the punches.  In this case, I punched this one using the 1 3/4" scallop circle.  It is attached to the white using a dimensional.  

This is the inside.  I stamped a snowflake from the retired set Sparkly & Bright in VersaMark ink and heat embossed it using white embossing powder with some dazzling diamond glitter mixed into it.  The greeting I used is from the Holy Family stamp set which is also retired.  I stamped it in cherry cobbler ink and edged the paper with cherry ink too.  


Well I had better get back to my daily chores now.  Stop by tomorrow for another card idea.  Thanks for dropping in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment