CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, August 5, 2011

More Holiday Faces

Yesterday, I shared a cute Santa Face that I cased from another demonstrator online (sorry I cannot remember her name).  It is funny how when you make a card it sometimes leads to other designs that just pop into your mind.  That is exactly how I came up with the 2 I am going to show you today.  They are still face cards but of different characters.


This first one as you can see is a snowman.  I used the red glitter paper from SU! for the hat band.  I happen to have a snowflake impression folder not from SU! to use for the top hat.  Then  I used the new Stripes impression folder from the 2011-2012 catalog.  I will tell you to check out the Holiday Mini when it comes out in September for an impression folder that would work for the top part!!  I added orange glitter to the "carrot" nose which I punched out of Tangerine Tango card stock using the pennant punch.  I wanted to give him a little something special just to dress him up so I added the snowflake to his hat.  Overall, I was pleased with the outcome.  I happen to share it with my daughter and she came up with the idea of the next face I would make.

The elf was her idea and she asked me to bring it to life.  Of course I accepted her challenge and went to work right away.  I used an impression folder not from SU! for the top of his hat.  I know I am not being faithful but you should see how much stuff I have at home.  I have to use it.  You could use an SU! folder.  It would work just as well.  For the brim of his hat, I cut a 1" strip of Garden Green.  I then punched out Real Red  pennants with the pennant punch and trimmed them down to 1" high.  This allowed me to make a nice pattern for the hat.  Then I ran the piece through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots impression folder.  The ears are the large petal from the Blossom Petals Builder punch.  I used the small oval for his nose and then added Blushing Bride ink to his cheeks.  His hair is a piece of Soft Suede card stock.  I free handed the scallop for the hair to make it look wavy.  When I showed my daughter what I had come up with, she was thrilled.  She thought he was cute.  Of course, I think he is cute too.

Once again the weekend is upon us.  I wish all of you a happy and safe weekend.  I will be back on Monday with another sample for you.  Until then, thanks for dropping in today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment