CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

You Know Dasher

Yes the wonderful Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer song starts with those very 3 words.  It is one of my favorite Christmas traditions to sing the song and watch the show.  Well, Stampin' Up! put out a reindeer stamp called Dasher a while ago.  It is still available in the catalog and I absolutely love it.  I was just playing around with it yesterday and this is what I came up with.


I started by taking a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of whisper white and running it through the big shot using the impression folder called Snow Burst which is in the Holiday Mini Catalog coming to you soon.  I then took some basic black card stock and punched 2 strips using the Lace Ribbon Border punch.  I added 1" circles of the glittery red paper behind the floral openings.  I then glued them crisscross on the white.  The center piece with Dasher on it is a piece of basic black cut at 3" x 3", glittery red cut at 2 3/4" x 2 3/4", and white cut at 2 1/2" x 2 1/2".  I did stamp Dasher first then trimmed the white piece down to the size I wanted.  


As for Dasher himself, I used the brush end of the Chocolate Chip SU! marker to color him and the brush end of a VersaMark marker to do the antlers.  This way I could add the silver embossing powder to the antlers and heat emboss them.  I used a silver ink pad I happen to have to brush the edges of the white before putting it on the red.   I used Sticky Strip to adhere Dasher to the glitter paper.  If I tried, I bet I could get him off but the Sticky Strip does hold better than anything else I have tried.

I want to thank you for stopping by today.  Please come back tomorrow to see what new idea I come up with.  See you then.


No comments:

Post a Comment