CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Peek A Boo Halloween

As I was sitting at my craft table this morning, my Make A Monster stamp set seemed to be calling to me to play with it.  Now if it is calling me, I figure why not play.  So I grabbed it off the shelf and thought I should make a nice Halloween card.  While standing by all my stamp sets, I also grabbed one called Wicked Cool.  I really like this set and immediately I could see using the 2 sets together.  I was trying to decide what type of card I should make.  Those little monsters are so cute that I wanted to display them in a unique way.  All of a sudden it hit me --- I would make a card that allowed the monsters as well as some other eyes to be peeking out at you.  Away I went to my craft table and set to work.


I started with a 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" piece of pumpkin pie card stock, scored at 3 1/4".  This is the base card.  I then cut a basic black layer 3" x 6 1/4".  Last I cut a piece of elegant eggplant at 2 3/4" x 6".  This would be my top layer.  I used the bat stamp from the Wicked Cool set and stamped it in a random pattern using VersaMark ink.  Then I heat embossed it with black powder.  I pulled out a scrap piece of whisper white and stamped my monsters on it.  Using colored pencils, I colored them whatever color I wanted.  I punched out the 2 monsters using a 1 3/8" circle punch and punched the eyes using the 3/4" circle punch.  Then I took my piece of elegant eggplant with the bats on it and using my 1 1/4" circle punch, I punched 2 circles for the monsters to be looking out from.  The 1/2" circle provided the 3 circles for the eyes to be looking out.  I deliberately using a size larger that each hole to punch the monsters and eyes so that I could adhere them to the back of the purple.  This allowed me to line them up as I wanted.  I could have cut the monsters and eyes out of the whisper white and put them on basic black circles if I wanted but I like the look with the white.


This is just another picture of the front taken at a closer range.  I just wanted to be sure you got a good look at the little guys.  They are so adorable!!


For the inside I used a greeting from the Wicked Cool stamp set.  I first punched a small oval out of the white card stock, then I stamped the greeting underneath it, and punched it out using the new 1" square punch (from the upcoming Holiday Mini catalog).  I trimmed the top a little more with my snips and set it aside.  Using my VersaMark ink pad, I stamped the witches hat and her shoes.  I then heat embossed these using the black embossing powder.  Once that was done, I placed the greeting underneath the hat, lining up the rounded edge with the rounded brim.  It gave the inside some personality to put that witches hat and shoes in it.  
What do you think?  Please feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of it.  Come back by tomorrow for another card.  Thanks for dropping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment