CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Happy Harvest Time

Well I have been posting Halloween and Christmas cards for a while now.  Since I do not want to neglect Thanksgiving, I thought I would work on a card for that today.  I mean who doesn't like Thanksgiving?  It is a wonderful time to reflect with family and friends on all the things in your life you are thankful for.  And the food!!  It has to be my favorite meal of the year and believe it or not, I actually cook the entire meal for my family.  Growing up, I watched my mom do this for years.  I guess I inherited my joy of preparing this meal from her.  Now onto the card!!


When I think of harvest time, pumpkins always come to mind along with all the colors of autumn.  I am afraid you may be a little disappointed because not all my products used on this one come from Stampin' Up!.  Now don't get me wrong, I prefer SU! items and use them whenever I can, but I do have quite a stash of other paper and stamps from my days prior to SU!.  The base card is always artichoke from SU!.  The first layer is very vanilla as well as the piece the pumpkins are stamped on.  The layer under the pumpkins is soft suede, and the pumpkins and the inside greeting are stamped using the pumpkin pie ink.  I used the SU! markers to color the pumpkins, and the ink to edge the paper.  The leaves on the first layer of vanilla are from the Confetti stamp set. They are stamped using the VersaMark ink pad and then heat embossed.  These are all the SU! products I used on the card.

The embossing powder I used on this is called Harvest and is one I picked up at a stamp convention a few years ago.  I also used it on the leaves of the pumpkins.  The designer paper is from a Debbie Mumm paper pack I got years ago at one of the local craft stores.  As for the pumpkin stamp, it is another item I picked up at a stamp convention.  It is made by Denami Design.  


Here is a closer look at the little pumpkins.  I stamped the image using pumpkin pie ink.  Using my SU! markers, I traced the vines with garden green, colored the stems with soft suede, and colored the pumpkin with pumpkin pie.  For the leaves, I used my VersaMark marker to color them in, sprinkled the Harvest embossing powder and heat embossed it.  

The inside greeting is a stamp I picked up on clearance at a craft store.  It is made by Stampabilities.  I don't know about you, but for me finding stamps with good verses on them is always a challenge.  So when I come across one I tend to pick it up.  I have been known to make my own verses by either typing them into the computer to print out or by handwriting them myself.  I love to receive handwritten greeting sometimes.  In many ways it feels like it was written especially for me and that makes it a little more sentimental.  In scrapbooks, I love to include my own handwriting knowing that down the road future family will be able to see what my handwriting looked like and know that the sentiment expressed was truly my own.  
Tomorrow, I will post another Thanksgiving card made with similar products as this one.  However, the overall look will be a little different.  I hope you enjoyed this card and are inspired to be creative today.  Thanks for dropping by and I will see you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment