CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

It's A Beary Happy Halloween

Last year I make a Halloween card using the bear stamp from the Under the Stars stamp set.  He is one of my favorite stamps.  I stamped him, colored him, and then placed ovals I had punched out over him to make him a pumpkin costume.  He was so cute.  This year as I was playing with my punches, I thought I would make another bear dressed as a pumpkin but this time I would use only punches.  Since I knew how to make the costume for him, I set to work making the bear.  I punched various sizes of circles and played around until I came up with one I really liked and here he is.


Well, what do you think?  I used the extra large oval to make the pumpkin part of the costume.  The leaf trim is the 5 petal flower punch.  His hat is a 1 3/8" circle punch trimmed to be a hat and the leaf on top is another petal from the 5 petal flower punch that I trimmed down.  His head is a 1 3/8" circle with a muzzle of 3/4" and a nose of 1/2" and eyes that are 1/8".  His ears are 1/2" circles.  As for his arms and legs, I used the small oval.  His little shoes are a one inch punch cut in half.  I meant to sponge the edges of the pieces with matching ink but forgot to do it.  I guess I will have to make another.  I ran the pumpkin pieces through the big shot using the Stripes impression folder and then glittered the raised stripes.  White gel pen provided the shoelaces and accents.  

The greeting comes from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  I stamped it on whisper white using VersaMark ink and heat embossed it using black embossing powder with orange glitter in it.  I punched it out with the word window and mounted it on a modern label.  The brads on the ends are really decoration only.  I adhered it using dimensionals.  

Here is the entire card.  The color scheme for this was basic black and pumpkin pie.  Garden green was used for the pumpkin leaves and shoes.  The bear is made from crumb cake.  I ran the black background through the bis shot using the  Spider Web impression folder.  All in all a very basic card but cute nonetheless.  

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think of him.  I will return tomorrow with another new project.  Thanks for stopping by today to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment