CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Happy Hippo

I was again playing with my 2-step owl punch the other day and made a cute little hippo. (Well I think he is cute.)  Anyway, my daughter happened to stop into my craft room and told me she wanted to see him put on a card.  Now I had several thoughts of what to put him on.  My first was a birthday card for a child or an invitation.  I still think this is a good option but I decided to go in a different direction.  I decided to make him a new baby card. 


Isn't he just the cutest little hippo?  I love him.  The greeting comes from the Tiny Tags set.  I have the clear mount set, which I absolutely love.  This allowed me to create this saying on one clear block.  You see the words "hello" and "baby" are actually 2 separate stamps.  If these were wood mount, I would have used my stamp-a-ma-jig to line the words up as I wanted.  Since mine are the clear mount, I was able to pull my clear block out and put both words on it as I wanted.  I punched the words out with the new 1" square punch (available September 1).  I edged it with pear pizzazz ink and layered it on a scallop square punch which had been run through the big shot with the perfect polka dots impression folder.   The background of the card is a piece of whisper white which was also put through the big shot using the houndstooth impression folder.  

This little guy is really easy to make.  Start with a 1 3/4" circle punch in basic gray.  Then punch the owl body out and trim the feet off.  This makes his face.  All the circles for his eyes and nostrils come from the owl punch also.  For the feet and teeth, I used the small flower from the boho blossom punch.  I did edge the body, face, and feet with the basic gray ink.  


This little pinwheel is a 2" x 2" square.  It is really easy to make and all you need is a square of DSP.  Any size square will work.  I will put a blog up that will show step by step how to do this.  I is a lot easier than you may think.  

This is the inside of the card.  The greeting is from a stamp set called A Word For You.  I stamped it in pear pizzazz ink and punched it out using the decorative label punch.  I edged the whole thing in pear pizzazz.  
Right now, no member of our family is expecting a baby but you never know when the need for a baby card might come up.  For now, I will try to get this one into my store online for someone to purchase.  

I hope your Monday is a great day.  Personally, I have to go to the doctor - not fun.  I will return tomorrow with another blog prepared for you.  Until then, thanks for stopping by today.


No comments:

Post a Comment