CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Do You Know How To Iris Fold?

Today's share is highlighting a technique called iris folding.  It is a paper folding technique that can create some beautiful cards.  I thought I would share one I made a while ago for one of my daughters.


On this particular card, the iris folding was done to make the dolphin.  I start with a template of a dolphin which I trace and then use my hobby knife to cut out.  The template I happen to use is designed for iris folding therefore it has the pattern on it and tells me how many different colors or styles of paper I need to use.  In this case, it is 4.  The technique is quite easy as it only involves cutting strips of paper (or tearing them), folding them, and using a good tape to secure them down.  The finished product leaves the hole in the center which I chose to leave empty.  Sometimes I put a piece of paper there too or I will use a gem to add a little bling.  Let's take a closer look.

I used a gem to make the eye of this little guy.  In case you are wondering, I used a sticker set I found at a local craft store to make the rest of the outside of the card.  Now your iris fold dolphin will be a little puffy and thick.  I like to adhere mine by using either eyelets or brads.  Then I know they are secure.
I have several different patterns for this technique so you can expect to see it again in the future.  Let me know what you think of it.  I have also done this with left over wrapping paper as well as with ribbon.  

I will be back tomorrow with another card to share with you.  I hope you stop by to see it.  Thank you so much for dropping by today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment