CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Christmas in July

I have to share with you a card I made this past weekend.  This is one of my all time favorites and some of you may receive one this Christmas.  Let me first show you the little guy who is the star of the card.


Ta Da!!  Here he is, one of Santa's many helper penguins.  Isn't he adorable?  These little penguins are the easiest little guys to make.  All you need is the 2-step owl punch and a scrap of tangerine tango for his beak.  The santa hat he is wearing is a stamp that I happen to have on hand.  Sadly, it is not from Stampin' Up!.  If you were one of the people who ordered the Sock Monkey stamp set and the accessory set for it, you will have a santa hat in that.  However, this set is now retired.  I would recommend looking at local craft stores for a hat stamp if you really want one or you can do what I do----make one using punches.  I start by punching out a 1 1/4" circle.  I then take my 3/4" circle punch and punch out a small piece from the 1 1/4" circle.  Then I trim it into the hat shape I want,  I punch a word window out of white, reinsert it and punch again to trim it to a smaller size.  The circle punch from the itty bitty punch pack makes the perfect pom pom ball.  I will try to show a card soon using my punch hat so you can actually see it.  

Now for the unveiling of the card.  Drum roll please..........

The base card is a 4 1/4" x 11" whisper white, scored at 5 1/2".  The first layer is a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of marina mist.  I ran it through the big shot using the Northern Flurry impression folder.  I then took a piece of whisper white and tore 2 strips that were 4" wide.  I adhered them in layers, one higher than the other.  I used my two way glue pen to add glue to the top of each layer and sprinkled on Dazzling Diamond glitter.  If you look at the close up of the penguin, you can see these layer.  I then used the same glue pen and ran it over the snowflakes that had been impressed and added Dazzling Diamond glitter.  The snow that is "falling" from the sky were added by applying dots of Tombo liquid glue and sprinkling glitter on them.  Finally, I took my little penguins with their santa hats, which were glittered, and added them onto the card using dimensionals. 

Stampin' Up! has a site for demonstrators only that is much like Facebook.  We can add pictures of our projects we make to share with other demonstrators.  I added this card onto it yesterday and have had oodles and oodles of responses to it.  Therefore, I declare it is a hit!!!  I hope you enjoyed seeing it.  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.  Please come back tomorrow and visit again.  Thanks for dropping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment