CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It's Turkey Time

As I was looking through the pictures of cards I have been sharing with all of you.  I saw the white kitty dressed as a witch for Halloween and my stain glass Christmas designs.  I had all sorts of card but no Thanksgiving.  Now how can I pass by a day that celebrates all our blessings, all we are thankful for, and all that great food!! 

So I decide to change that by making a Thanksgiving card.  I found a cool turkey stamp that I had and went to work.  Now my glittering fingers were itching to use all that sparkly stuff.  So what better way to do that then by making my turkey a stain glass turkey!!  I must say I was thrilled with my revelation.   So I found colors of glitter that would work well for fall and set to work.


Isn't he cute in his top hat?  As you can see, I used a chocolate brown, sand, and 2 harvest colors of glitter for his body.  The base card is a green called Always Artichoke ( I love the names Stampin' Up! gives their papers and inks!!).  The layer on top of it is Cajan Craze.  I ran it through the big shot using a new Houndstooth impression folder from the 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog.  The turkey is on acetate and is attached to a square of whisper white using glue dots and a nice corner punch (not from SU!, sorry).  




Here is a little closer look at Mr. Turkey.  I know it is difficult to see all the colors and details on him.  Let me assure you in person, he looks magnificent!  I did sponge the edges of the square with Cajun Craze ink just to allow it to blend in subtly with the background.  


This is the inside of the card.  This is a greeting stamp I found on clearance on day in my local craft store.  Because the outside of the card has so much shimmer to it, I wanted to bring a little of that inside too.  I used a harvest blend of glittery embossing powder and heat embossed it.  First, I stamped it with VersaMark ink on whisper white card stock.  Next, sprinkle your embossing powder over the stamped area of the paper.  Shake of the excess and use your heat tool to bring the powder to life.  I used the ticket corner punch for the corners of the whisper white and inked the edges with Cajun Craze ink.  It is layered on a piece of Cajun Craze card stock.  

All in all, I am pleased with the turn out of the entire card.  I cannot wait to make more.  Let me know what you think by leaving me a comment.  Don't forget to stop by my store to see what's new.  Thanks for dropping by today.  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment