CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Card For Your Favorite Guy

Hello everyone.  I hope your week is moving along smoothly.  I cannot believe it is already Thursday.  Where does the time go? 

Today, I thought I would talk about the most difficult cards for me to make - masculine cards.  I don't know why but I can sit all day and create cards for any occasion, for any female or child, but when it comes to the cards for men, I just always seem to struggle.  I guess I am always attracted to the cute stamps and as my husband has repeatedly pointed out, men do not necessarily like cute.  So when Stampin' Up! came out with the Totally Tool stamp set, I bought it as quick as I could.  Of course, I did not do anything with it for awhile but at least I had it.  I have slowly started making a few cards with it and wanted to share a pretty simple one with you today.


As you can see this really is a simple card.  One of my husband's favorite things is his peg board in his shed where he can store tools and they are always within easy reach.  So I thought why not create a peg board on a card.  I started by stamping the tools I wanted on brushed silver card stock.  Then I cut these out and using my handy SU! markers, I colored the handle of the hammer and the saw.  I then took a piece of Crumb Cake card stock and cut it to be 4" x 5 1/4" and ran it through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots impression folder.  I then laid out my tools on the polka dotted piece and decided where I wanted them placed.  I used my adhesive runner and attached them to the card.  Now you could use glue dots or dimensionals if you like for this.  It your choice how you want to do it.  Then I took my paper piercing tool and made the holes for the brads.  Put your brads on and attach it to a Early Espresso base card.  The "happy birthday" is from the Teen Tiny Wishes stamp set.   I stamped it using Early Espresso ink, punched it out using the word window punch and then layered it onto the modern label punched piece.  Okay, so it has no glitter and is not that fancy, but in my opinion most men do not look for the shimmer or fanciness on cards that women do so I think it is fine.

I wanted to wish all my fellow demonstrators who are attending convention this weekend a very fun filled time.  I know there will be lots of excitement.  

Give this easy card a try and let me know how you do.  Be sure to come by tomorrow and see what I come up with.  Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment