CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Trick or Treat

I cannot believe that today is my 100th blog.  It does not seem like I have done that many but I guess I have.  Thanks for all of you who stop by to read it every day.  You are truly appreciated.

Now it is time for another Halloween card.  If you remember, I shared with you a Halloween wreath I made using a punch earlier this week as part of my punch art samples.  Today I want to share the card I used it on with you.  Halloween is my husband's favorite holiday so you can be sure we do not skip any part of the festivities.


My base card is a 4 1/4" x 10" basic black, scored at 5 1/2".  I used a layer of basic gray cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran this through my Big Shot using the Spider Web impression folder.  I then took my basic gray ink pad and rubbed it over the top of the web to highlight it.  As you can see, it does streak the paper a little too but no worries.  I think it adds to the spookiness of it.  I have a small 3" x 3" square of basic black that I ran through the big shot using the Vintage Wallpaper impression folder.  Now let's take a look at that wreath a little closer.  

The punch I used to make the wreath is the BoHo Blossom punch.  I used only the large flower from it.  I punch out about 8 in Pumpkin Pie and 8 in Elegant Eggplant.  Cut the flowers in half.  Punch out of a scrap piece of paper a 1 1/4" circle.  Punch out a 1 3/8" circle around the hole of the circle.  You will use this ring to adhere the flowers to it.  Alternating colors, adhere the flowers to the ring.  Once you complete the ring, You can decorate it any way you want.  I chose to add black glitter and a black ribbon.  Now onto the greeting.


I took my photo from the side view hoping you could see the flecks of orange glitter in the lettering.  I used a Halloween embossing powder made of black powder with orange glitter in it.  I heat embossed it.  It gives it that shiny look.  I love the overall effect.
Well that's all for today.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment