CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Get Well Wishes

Nothing is worse that when you are ill, especially when that illness takes you into the hospital even for a short stay.  Well, when my aunt developed a blood infection, that is where she ended up.  It was very important to me to be sure to be there for her and her husband as much as possible.  They are the sweetest people and I love them dearly. 

Needless to say, I had a pretty busy weekend.  I ran errands for my family as well as for my aunt and uncle and made sure to go to the hospital to spend time with her too.  Now being a card maker, it would not seem right to go without a card for her.  So I made one for her with one of her favorite animals on the front.  I think I learned to make this little guy based on a design by Ellen Kemper, yes the punch queen herself. 

He is such a sweet little elephant.  My aunt loves elephants so it just seemed to be the perfect card to make for her.  He is made using the 2 1/2" circle, 1 3/4" circle, Heart to Heart, Butterfly, Word Window, and Modern Label punches.  Now I did use the retired slot punch for his eyebrows but you could just use a scrap.  I trimmed a thin piece of basic black off for the tail and cut the end into small strips.  The DSP I used in the background is a retired paper but trust me there are lots of great papers available in the new catalog that would be just as cute.  

Here he is close up.  I did sponge the edges of all the gray pieces with gray ink just to accentuate them.  His ears are made from the butterfly punch.  I did punch 2 whole butterflies and attached them be adhering 1/2 of each to the back of the head.  The trunk is the word window, sponged on the edges and "wrinkles" were added with a fine tip black pen.  Only one modern label is needed for his feet.  Simply cut it in half and attach.


Here is the inside of the card.  The saying on the front and the stamp used inside are from a retired Stampin' Up! set.  However, I do not know the name of the set.  It was given to me by a friend already put together and the label with the name was not on the container.  Again, I am sure the new catalog has some cute set that would work well too.  

I think my aunt really loved her card.  She thought to elephant was so cute and his expression was just right.  I am glad it brought a little ray of sunshine to her day.  

Well, I am off and running again.  Thanks for stopping by today.  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment