CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ink Resistant Paper

I thought I would share a card with you today featuring with a foil design which gives the paper shine, texture and pattern.  The really neat thing about this paper is that the foil part also resists ink.  Let me show you what I mean.


As you can see, the background of this paper has a lovely swirl design on it which is a foil design.  The colors of the background are pink, white, and blue.  However, when I started this card, the background was only white.  Because the foil resists the ink, I was able to sponge on the pink and blue in a random pattern.  Once I was done sponging, I would wipe over the area gently using a tissue.  Any ink on the foil design cam right off.  I will tell you this paper was a bride specialty paper offered 2 catalogs ago by Stampin' Up!.  I was so sad to see it retire.  The pack had other patterns in it that were wonderful too.  I have looked in the new catty but do not see any foil design paper.  I guess we will have to hope they eventually bring another one on board to offer.  It is so nice to be able to choose a pattern and make it the color scheme you want it to be.  
The beautiful butterflies were made using the die for the big shot called what else, Beautiful Butterflies.  I cut them out of vellum.  I made sure to cut two of each size.  I brushed the edges of all 4 with Bashful Blue ink.  The bottom one is adhered to the card while the top one is only adhered along the center of the body.  This allows the wings to be free and move.  To create the body, I punched out 2 word windows, one for each, trimmed them to the size and shape I wanted using my paper snips, and of course glittered them.  Once they dried, I attached them along the center to the butterflies.  I added little dots of glue to glitter to the wings.  

Well, that's all for today.  I am busily putting together a scrapbook of samples of my work as a portfolio.  Guess I better get to work on that.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  See you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment