CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

One Smart Dog

Hello fellow stampers and welcome to my Thursday blog.  I wasn't sure this one was going to get done.  We spent yesterday morning at the doctor for my husband's follow up appointment and then spent the afternoon running some errands.  I thought I would never get home and see my craft room again.  It's funny how much I miss being in it even when just running errands.  But I am happy to report we arrived back at home in time for me to make a card and post the blog about it.  Yeah!

First I want to be sure to tell you that the retired accessories list is up from Stampin' Up!.  There are several punches that are being retired.  Be sure to check the list out and order anything you want quickly as these items go fast.  Once they are gone you are out of luck. 

Now let's get back to my card.  Yesterday I shared a sad little dog with you who was not feeling so well.  Today, I thought I would continue with the dog theme.  This time my little dog is a smart dog out for a walk.  Let's get going on this one!


Just look at him, out for a stroll.  I started with a base card of Night of Navy measuring 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a layer of Whisper White measuring 4" x 5 1/4".  I chalked the sky background onto it using my pastels and then added torn strips of Garden Green to it for the grass.  I added some dazzling diamond glitter to the edge of the grass just to give it a little sparkle.  I attached it to the base using runner adhesive.



I learned to make this little guy from the punch queen herself, Ellen Kemper.  Her name for him is Smart Mutt.  I am so glad to see she is back to posting again.  I have really missed her.  Anyway, you can visit her blog to get the instructions on how to put him together.  I first made this little guy to put on my sample punch art board I keep for others to see what types of things I make.  I had never made another one to use on a card.  So it was about time I got around to using this guy.  The colors I used for him are Basic Gray, Whisper White, Basic Black and Real Red.  Once he was completed I attached him to the card using dimensionals.


For my greeting, I used a stamp that came in a little set I picked up at a local craft store.  I stamped it directly to the sky using Night of Navy ink.  The butterflies are a punch made by Fiskers.  It was part of a set a friend gave to me.  I punched one in each of the following colors:  Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango and Marina Mist.  I adhered them to the card using a liquid glue and added a small rhinestone to the center of each.  

I do realize this post is a little short but after all I am blessed to have gotten it done in time for you to see.   Now I have another full day of activities going on so I will once again do my best to find time to escape to my craft room and create another card.  Please come back tomorrow to see if I succeed!  Thanks for dropping by today!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment