CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Sweet Treat

I love M & M's!  I love the plain, the peanut, the almond, and the mint.  It seems they come out with new flavors all the time.  While I might not like all the flavors, I sure love all the characters.  So I was excited when they introduced Ms. Brown during the Super Bowl.  I had been waiting to see her.  The commercial that she and Red did is hilarious!  I love to go to You Tube and watch it when I need a good laugh.  Of course, I wanted to make a card with Ms. Brown on it.  And do you know what I realized while making this card?  I have never made an M & M card before!!  I could not believe it.  Well now I have so let me share it with you.


I started with a base card of Chocolate Chip card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I then cut a piece of Crumb Cake card stock to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I pulled out my circle punch from the itty bitty punch pack and punched out several circles in Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Pacific Point, and Real Red.  I placed these on the Crumb Cake and adhered them using a glue pen.  I wrote an "m" on each one with my white gel pen and ran the entire piece through the big shot using the Perfect Polka Dots impression folder.  I attached this to the chocolate base card using runner adhesive.  The greeting is from the stamp set Create A Cupcake.  It is stamped using Chocolate Chip ink onto Whisper White and punched out with the word window.  I then punched a chocolate modern label, layered the two together with runner adhesive and attached it to the card using dimensionals.  


Here is the star of the card!  I started with a 2 1/2" circle for her body in Chocolate Chip.  Now the only other colors used on her are Whisper White and Basic Black.  The eyes are from the owl builder punch.  For the arms and legs, I used the retired small oval punch, punched it out, then punched around the hole using the large oval punch.  I cut the oval in half and attached one end to the back.  The other oval I cut lengthwise and used these for the legs.  The hands are the small flower from the boho blossom punch.  For her shoes, I used the heart to heart punch.  I punched 2 of the medium hearts out  and trimmed them to the size and shape I wanted.  The "m" on her is cut out using the Billboard die for the big shot.  I added dazzling diamond glitter to it to make it shine.  For her glasses, I turned to my Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge for the Cricut machine.  It had the perfect pair for her!  She is attached to the card using dimensionals.  


For the inside, I started with a greeting from the Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set.  I stamped it in Chocolate Chip ink onto white.  I then cut this out using the framelits Labels collection.  I cut the next size up in the frames from Crumb Cake to layer the white on.  I attached these together and to the card using runner adhesive.  I took extra circles from the front (1 of each color) and wrote "m"'s on them using white gel pen.  I placed them around the frame for added decoration.  

I cannot wait to make another card with a different colored M & M on it.  This was so much fun to make!!  I am so glad you stopped by today.  Please come back tomorrow.  I will see you all then!!


No comments:

Post a Comment