CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

An Egg-stra Special Card

I am hoping I do not miss any days of posting this week but I will tell you we have been having problems with our internet connection.  One minute it works and the next it doesn't.  Our internet company see no history of broken service so it seems it may be our router.  We have reset it and so far so good.  But who knows what will happen next.  I am so technologically challenged that I am glad my husband is here to help with this one. 

Today I wanted to work with the Iris Fold technique.  It is a paper folding technique and the results are beautiful I think.  So let me share the card I made with you today. 


Isn't this a neat looking Easter egg?  I chose to use Lucky Limeade as my base card color.  It is cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I then took a piece of Basic Black and cut it at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  The Whisper White I used for the egg is cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  Now before you can start adding layers to the base card, you must make the egg.  So let me show you a close up of it and tell you a little about how to make it.  


I took a pattern I had found on the internet of the egg and placed it on my light box so I could trace it onto the Whisper White.  Using a craft knife, I carefully cut out the shape from the white.  I set the cut out egg aside and was ready to start my folding.  On my pattern, it told me I would need 4 colors of paper and the pattern is numbered so you know where to place each color.  I always leave my cut out piece on top of the pattern so that it shows through.  This allows me to see where to place each color.  I used some leftover DSP I had from a long time ago.  I like using DSP (designer series paper) because it is coordinated to work well together.  The center of the egg is actually left open but I like to put a piece of dsp over the hole to make it all closed.  The gem in the center of it is something I picked up at my local craft store.  I adhered it on using a glue dot.  I applied glue dots all over the back of the egg to adhere it to the piece of black card stock.  I took out 3 of my pastel colored Stickles glitter glues and added dots all around the egg.  


Using my paper piercer, I poked a hole in each corner of the egg/black card stock so I could  use brads.  I added a bunny and a butterfly to both the top and bottom of my egg.  Once these were in place, I put a glue dot on the back in each corner and runner adhesive all over the black card stock.  I then attached it to the Lucky Limeade card stock.  

I did not get a picture of the inside of the card but I want to tell you my plan for it.  I will take the egg shape I cut out to do the Iris Fold and will stamp an Easter greeting onto it.  I will add dots of the same glitter glues to decorate it so it coordinates with card front.  

I seem to feel a little scattered today so if you have any questions about this card please feel free to ask.  I would be happy to answer them.  I hope you will come back by tomorrow to see if my internet is still working and if I come up with a card to share.  Thank you so much for dropping by today.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment