CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It's Almost Mother's Day

It is hard to believe that April is almost over.  Next week we will welcome May.  There are so many events coming up it May it is a bit overwhelming.  Between birthdays, graduations, anniversaries, and Mother's Day, I will be very busy. 

Mother's Day has always meant a lot to me.  I love spending time with my children and celebrating all the moms in my life.  I am blessed to have a wonderful mother in law and always look forward to seeing her.  I will admit that this day is also a bit sad for me because I miss my mom very much.  So while it may sound strange, I find comfort in creating cards for this special day.  It just brings peace to my heart. 

Today's card is another Mother's Day card for you to view.  Believe it or not, this special day will be here in just over 3 weeks.   If you have not made your cards yet maybe mine will inspire you.  Of course, you can always order one from me and I will be happy to make it for you.  So let's get started.


As you can see, this card has that fun rosette flower again.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.  I started with a base card of Very Vanilla cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I used my corner rounder punch and rounded all the corners of this card.  Next I chose to use Calypso Coral card stock.  I cut a piece to measure 4" x 5 1/4".  I rounded the corners of this using the corner rounder also.  I ran it through my big shot using the Vintage Wallpaper impression folder.  I placed the embossed piece inside my color catcher and used my smooch spritz spray to spray it all over giving it a nice glimmering effect in the right light.  I adhered it to the base card using a runner adhesive.  


Next I went to work on my rosette.  Step one was to choose my designer paper I wanted to use.  Now I did choose this prior to starting my entire card so that the base card and the layer would coordinate with the dsp nicely.  This particular paper came from one of my local craft stores.  I cut a strip to be 1 1/2" x 12".  Using my simply scored tool, I scored this strip every 1/4".  Once the entire strip was scored, I accordion folded it just like the fans you use to make when you were little (or was that just me?).  I adhered the ends together using a liquid glue.  I allowed this to dry before going on so that it would not come apart on me.  I punched a 1" circle to adhere the rosette to on the bottom.  I placed sticky strip on this to ensure I had a strong adhesive for it.  Pressing down on my accordion circle, I formed the rosette and carefully set it on top of the 1" circle.  I was slightly off center but not too bad.  This really does not matter though because you will not be seeing the bottom of this one on the card.  I punched the large flower from the boho blossom punch in vanilla and layered a 3/4" coral circle on top of it.  I added a dot of coral ink to the petals using my SU! marker.  The pearls in the center were bought at a local craft store.  They are a champagne color and looked good with the vanilla.  The flower center was adhered to the rosette with liquid glue.  I then placed this in my color catcher and spritzed it with the same spray as the card.  I adhered it to the card using dimensionals.  


For the greeting, I used a stamp from the retired stamp set called Well Scripted.  I stamped it using VersaMark ink onto a piece of Calypso Coral and heat embossed it with black embossing powder.  I cut it out using the Framelits Labels Collection for my big shot.  I also cut out one size larger than my greeting in Very Vanilla.  These were layered together and coral dots were added on the exposed vanilla part.  I then spritzed the greeting in the color catcher with the same spray as I had used before.  I adhered it to the actual card with dimensionals.

I do understand that from just looking at the photos you probably cannot see the shimmer on the card.  I promise if you were holding it under a light, you would definitely get the glimmer.  It is very beautiful.


For the inside saying, I used a stamp from the stamp set called Word Play.  I stamped it with VersaMark ink onto Calypso Coral card stock and heat embossed it with black embossing powder.  I cut it out using the Framelits Labels Collection and my big shot.  I adhered it to the inside of my card using runner adhesive.  I had space left at the top and decided to add a flower to match the center of the rosette on the front.  So I punched the large flower from the boho blossom punch, added a 3/4"  coral circle on top and finally added a 1/2" vanilla circle on top of that.  I added coral dots to the petals again as well as to the center vanilla circle.  

Don't let this special day sneak up on you.  Get your cards ready now so you have no pressure as the date approaches.  

That is all I have for you today.  I hope you enjoyed seeing my card.  Maybe I will give this one to one of my mom figures.  Please come back tomorrow to see what I come up with next.  Thanks for stopping by today.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment