CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, April 2, 2012

Cards for Charity

Other than running my husband all over, this weekend was actually pretty relaxed.  I husband teaches in the fire science program at one of our community colleges on every Saturday he is not on duty.  Since it is his right ankle that was injured in the house fire, he cannot drive right now.  So I drove him to the school and went to pick him up.  In between I decided to use Saturday as my errand day.  By doing that I freed up my Sunday so it could be a day of rest.  Part of resting for me is getting to be creative and watching musicals.  I got to do both and feel renewed and refreshed.  


A few months ago, I designed thank you cards and sympathy cards for the charity my husband's department has.  This weekend I worked on another card for them.  This time it is a card to be given to families in need which will hold a gift card.  I stuck with the same type of theme but changed the colors and of course the overall design.  Let me show you what I did.




I started with a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock cut at 4" x 11".  I scored this at 4 1/2" and 9".   The score at 9" is the one that will fold in and make the pocket for the gift card.  Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock to measure 4" x 4 1/2".  I ran this piece through the big shot using the Diamond Plate impression folder.   I then took a piece of Cherry Cobbler cut at 4" x 4 1/4".  I ran this through the big shot using the Sizzlits Large Paper Doily.  As you can see, the doily will have lots of little pieces that will come out to make the design.  Since I knew I would be covering up the center part of it I did not bother to take out all the small pieces from the center.  I then stamped my fireman onto Whisper White card stock and punched it out using the 2 1/2" circle punch.  I colored my fireman sing my colored pencils and then edged the circle with dazzling diamond glitter.  I use runner adhesive to attach the white diamond plated piece to the cherry, glue pen and liquid glue to attach the doily, and liquid glue to attach the white circle.  


Here is a close up of the fireman on the card.  He was stamped using StazOn ink so that I could color him easily.  I chose color pencils to use as my medium of color in order to have color that blends well all the surrounding parts.  Here you can also see the doily clearly.  See all the little pieces?  They do come out very easily.  


Here is the inside.  To attach the piece to make the pocket, place sticky strip on each side of the flap and fold it into the card.  Only put the strip on the edges of the sides.  You want the rest to be open for the card.  I punched out the charity logo using the decorative label punch and attached it using runner adhesive.  I stamped the Just For You is from the stamp set called Oval All.  I stamped it using Basic Black ink.  I then brushed the edges with Cherry Cobbler ink (I did this to the logo too).  Using a dark red colored pencil, I colored the oval ring and the word You.  I attached this to the card using runner adhesive.

This is really a simple gift card holder to make.  Give it a try and feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.  I hope you enjoyed the share today.  Please come back to see what I have for tomorrow.  Thanks for dropping by.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment